Hey Redwirez! How about a scumback?

Get the Redwirez basket-weave G12M's - depending on mic position, I can get them sounding just like my M75 cab.

starswimmer said:
Oh yeah! WHat mic position seems to get you there? Thanks!
That will depend heavily on the type and size of cab you are using. For me, I can nail my cabinet with a SM57 on the cap edge at 0" mixed 75/25 with a R121 in the same position. YMMV.

Hmm... atleast the Basketweaves I've tried are too brittle sounding. Must try that exact IR. Oh... and people please start using the cone position. :D

Ventanaman said:
starswimmer said:
Oh yeah! WHat mic position seems to get you there? Thanks!
That will depend heavily on the type and size of cab you are using. For me, I can nail my cabinet with a SM57 on the cap edge at 0" mixed 75/25 with a R121 in the same position. YMMV.
Very cool. Noob question: how do you blend ir's without a stereo cab?

In your DAW. Import the .wav files and align them on different tracks and lower the volume so that they don't peak. Then export .wav. Pretty simple if you've ever used DAWs.

If you don't want to use a DAW, you can use our online mixIR. You'll find recipes posted around this forum and it's not very hard to plug in your own. The mixIR spits out an Axe-Fx file you can load directly into your Axe-Fx.

The T1221 Greenback with Pulsonic lead cone from our Basketweave cab is what the m75 aspires to. The power handling part doesn't matter with IRs, but I imagine the 65 watt version would differ sonically from the 25 watt version?

Back
Top Bottom