Hey guys, a dumb question about importing Wah sysex files

Smags1268

Hello all!

Quick question - I'm using Axe-Edit 3 and I've found some user created Wah blocks on the forum I want to try out. Next step is to do the same with some delays.

Axe-Manage is gone, so what's the most effective way to archive and import these SysEx files into a patch for quick comparisons and editing?

If possible, please explain the process as idiot proof as possible, I've only had AxeII for a few months and I'm only now starting to get good at the technical side of it, with little experience in Axe Edit (especially version 3!)

Thanks in advance for the help, this forum has already been invaluable to me! For the metal fans out there, check out some fully AxeFX II generated tones from my band Julius Seizure at JULIUS SEIZURE .

You can't do that with individuals blocks with the current AE 3.01 release... blocks library feature is not yet implemented.. See the release notes (http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Release-Notes.pdf) please.

I also believe that when blocks library management feature is available, only blocks created with AE and firmware (v11 or newer) will work.. meaning it will NOT be backward compatible and you will NOT be able to import block libraries from older versions.

To do that with tools available today, you would need to import the ENTIRE preset, then copy the block to clipboard (copy), then select the preset you want to add the block to, then paste it into the preset.

Back
Top Bottom