Hey Fractal .... can we please get some detailed progress updates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi Fractal

Given my geography [ oz ] I am at peace :) with the fact that I wont get "my" AX8 realistically until Feb/Mar next year ..... all good .... I'll have my Axe FX II MK II well before then .......

However ..... there seems (?) to be a somehat growing frustration / dismay from some / many on this forum who just want to know what is the current reality is ...... something other than soon or coming etc.......

I figure I'll probably get some flack from some here for asking this ....... as clearly you guys ARE working frantically on this ..... however I don't think a formal progress update, new timeframe etc.... on the unit or manaual is a terribly big or disrespectful ask ......

I really hope this note is taken in the good spirit within which it is meant and intended.

Thanks
Ben

I write this with no mal-intent, but just pointing out the obvious here... You've now started how many threads in which you ask for details/updates and express your... eh... let's call it "growing excitement"? I think that you're probably compounding your frustration by starting a new thread daily when Fractal hasn't responded to any of the previous ones. :oops: You're setting yourself up for disappointment in hoping that for some reason today's thread will be the one that they reply with: "Yep, invite emails are going out today!".

From one impatient member to another: Go grab your guitar, play it and when the invite email shows up, I'm sure that you'll see it almost immediately. Cheers! ;) And again, I can be impatient too, so I understand the feeling... then again "a watched pot never boils", right?

No worries. Been rehearsing and playing a stack .... don't worry :)

Its just a user forum and its just a question .... that's all .... and maybe [ probably ? ] it will go un-answered .... maybe we'll just get another soon / coming ....

Obviously I don't think its an unreasonable ask .... but that's me .... but hey, like I said ..... its just a user forum and its just a question ...... I highly doubt [ i'd be stunned ! ] if Fractal would be worked-up or upset by it ...... they'll either respond or not respond ... its their forum and their perogative ...

Ben

Hasn't it only been two or three days since you asked about the manual and Cliff replied to that thread? IMO until they miss there original ATA I take that ETA to still be valid. There have been posts about how there is only 1 month left before that ETA is shot and while that is true a month is still a month. M@ even said in the thread about it not starting to ship until 2016 that some will make it out before 2015 ends but did not say how many (nor would they say how many)

4th Quarter-2015-what else would you have them say? I have already said the next message will be 2016, is that what you want to hear? Be happy that you have "not" heard another update.

soon-9.jpg

Fractal Audio owes you nothing. They've published Q4 2015 officially. You'll get your email invite when you get it.
Fractal is one of the best companies when it comes to openness and communication with users. As soon as Cliff posts any kind of timeline, everyone gets their panties bunched up when that timeline is "missed", then several threads are started complaining about that. I'd rather Cliff, et. al., just work on their products and engage the community in useful ways, not with projections and hopeful information.

What would you benefit, really, if Cliff came in here and said "Well, we hope to have the manual online XX/YY/ZZ and the first email invite go out on AA/BB/CC"? Answer: nothing. The manual would still be posted on that date, and the email invite would still go out on the other date. If you have an Axe-Fx II, just go play that and practice your actual craft - there's a million things to learn and you haven't mastered even a majority of them.

If I had to guess, I'd say its being released Friday. Plus they then have the weekend to take care of all the orders and such. Its coming that's for sure. I take the silence as any day now. Can't wait. I refuse to be angry with any of these threads because we are all just ancy, excited to get the AX8.

Fractal Audio owes you nothing. They've published Q4 2015 officially. You'll get your email invite when you get it.
Fractal is one of the best companies when it comes to openness and communication with users. As soon as Cliff posts any kind of timeline, everyone gets their panties bunched up when that timeline is "missed", then several threads are started complaining about that. I'd rather Cliff, et. al., just work on their products and engage the community in useful ways, not with projections and hopeful information.

What would you benefit, really, if Cliff came in here and said "Well, we hope to have the manual online XX/YY/ZZ and the first email invite go out on AA/BB/CC"? Answer: nothing. The manual would still be posted on that date, and the email invite would still go out on the other date. If you have an Axe-Fx II, just go play that and practice your actual craft - there's a million things to learn and you haven't mastered even a majority of them.

Totally agree with you on everything except the statement that Fractal owes their customers nothing. I've been in the retail business for quite a few years and I've always lived by the motto that "we are nothing without or customers". I think keeping customers happy keeps your business thriving, at least that's my opinion.

Totally agree with you on everything except the statement that Fractal owes their customers nothing. I've been in the retail business for quite a few years and I've always lived by the motto that "we are nothing without or customers". I think keeping customers happy keeps your business thriving, at least that's my opinion.
Right, but they absolutely keep customers happy. Free updates, a community free to use (with frequent input from the company), an amazing product with top-notch support. What FAS doesn't owe any of us is their business plan, product roadmap and speculation. That is what I shouldn't put in the first sentence instead of what I put, though.

Exactly my thinking and job wise in the same situation. Nagging customers are a fact - you have to live with that when you want their money. Saying, a company owns nothing to a customer who wants to spend his money for its products and asks for release dates is a strange understanding of business. I say it again: every company should be happy for every customer who asks for release dates, no matter how often. And I bet Fractal is. Just imagine this forum would be dead quiet and no one gives a damn, then you have a problem...
Cheer up all, the release date is Q4, so everything' s still under control :))

Last edited:
Follow the TGP example and find another obsession: double edge safety razors, good shoes, tan pants, shorts at gigs, etc.

I, personally, went for the shoes on this one (not kidding, damned Black Friday sales!).

This waiting list is a lot shorter than the wait for ordering a luthier built guitar (and pressuring the builder does not help the process).

I'm excited to try the AX8 too, and I think we are all interested in reading the manual and learning more about its capabilities. It will all be here "s__n".

There is such thing as a customer that is not worth it. Let's get real here and live in reality. Also, they DO owe you nothing on a release date. They promised nothing, except Q4, so just stop asking. You will know when the waitlist opens, the forum will blow up! It's NUTS to keep asking, and really a waste of everyone's time. JUST WAIT. If 2016 rolls around, and you still haven't heard anything, maybe then you can say 'What about me'.

These threads are a tad juvenile- were I Mr. Chase or FAS staff, I would not respond. "Haste makes waste"; "Patience is a virtue" reputation is all.

For this product, I will wait indefinitely: no worries.

What's really annoying is all the guys on these threads who jump down the throats of any one who dares ask about a release date. I'm sure cliff and the fractal team can handle that by themselves, they don't need some psycofantic fans to leap to their aid. If people want to keep on asking about a release window then that's their prerogative, and it will be answered by a fractal employee. So rather than getting on at people and hoping that cliff will come touch you in the night times, just say to yourself "this doesn't really require my input" and go read another thread. Or play guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom