Hevy Devy's Rig

best quote ever....

"I run direct, that means every night some 60-year old yahoo at the club we inevitably play slams XLR cables in and out of the Fractal. This always brings two things: 1) some jaded bullshit rhetoric about direct sounds, and 2) they always break shit. So with this Radial DI, it’s open to the front, it’s made out of steel, and is clearly labeled. Plus, I made my own cable snakes for the project, so I just hand the guy a snake loom and he can stfu."

if i'm going xlr to a sound guy, i either use my own xlr and plug it into the axe myself, or just add their xlr onto mine. i hate when people plug things into my gear, or really when they touch anything!

Here's H. Devy's patch from the article. Yes, this apparently is THE Devin Townsend AxeII patch! (Holy HIGH GAIN! :shock Nice name too.)

best quote ever....

"I run direct, that means every night some 60-year old yahoo at the club we inevitably play slams XLR cables in and out of the Fractal. This always brings two things: 1) some jaded bullshit rhetoric about direct sounds, and 2) they always break shit. So with this Radial DI, it’s open to the front, it’s made out of steel, and is clearly labeled. Plus, I made my own cable snakes for the project, so I just hand the guy a snake loom and he can stfu."

Yup. Sig material.

Back
Top Bottom