Here's a Dumble Patch similar to live mixed sound for Ford/Carlton

jhvox, so glad you like it...it likes P-90s too. The overall preset layout is not bad for trying different amps/cabs as well. I'll monkey with it more over the holidays.

here is latest version firmware 3.04 or 3.05 of Dumble X/Y patch - Ojai model

Here is my latest version of this. after one of the firmware upgrades the patch started clipping so I have dialed it back (but its sounds good hot!) and did a few more tweaks. If you want it brighter just adjust treble and presence up. This was really made for low-wind humbuckers especially the bridge pickup but it does work well on Strats and teles too. A reminder that I have a wah set up to controller 3 and univibe to controller 2, volume controller one. Plus on the Y CAB config, for the user cab, I use the Red Wirez IR MK II EVL 12 and cap edge 0" TC mic.

Play with it on Amp X, Cab X for clean sound. You can kick in tube drive if you want but I only use that on dirty.

For dirty dumble sound, put amp on Y but leave Cab to X... see what you think, that's close to the classic Robben Ford Oaji tone. Now hit tube drive -- another level of drive like adding a Zen drive maybe on top, thickens it up.

I modeled the reverb and short delay sound on the Hermida audio pedal, plus some of the amp stereo speaker placement that Cliff add that is just KILLER when using stereo cabs.

Play with the second delay some until you like it...that w/chorus gets you more into Carlton territory from his "Last Nite" live album.

Had a lot of nice compliments on this set up...through in your own fav amp/cab set up, it's a nice rig. Have fun!

I also tweaked my Jumpered Plexi sound a bit so will sneak that in too... trying to get an Aerosmith "Rocks" guitar sound here...later this weekend will load my fax Twin Tweed patch that you can get that great Rolling Stones thing going with.

Attachments

• Bludotone Clean & DIRTYOjai rig(3).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Jumpered Plexi(2).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 87
Thanks Austin Buddy!
Can't wait to fire this latest version up. I'll have to wait until after the holidays because I'm off to the mountains with my family until the 1st of the year. I'm having Axe withdrawals.

I've got some good mileage out of your previous version of the Dumble with both clean and overdrive tones. I found the clean patch with my PRS Custom with the pickup selector in the middle position provided some really fat, chimey, lovely tones. Very receptive to verb, delay, chorus.

The drive tone worked great on the bridge pickup of the PRS. Sounded like a completely different amp.

I had a chance to play out live with my band last Saturday night and the Dumble patch shined. Very articulate in the mix.

Looking forward to your Twin Tweed. :) I'll be all over that one.

Keep 'em coming!
Thanks,
Joe

There's a free Mr 335 package here:
Jess Lewis Room 335 | Jamtrackcentral
The BT sounds better than the one that was out there already, IMO, and is the main goodie for me.
The TAB only has the Alex solo.
Video = Jess Lewis ft. Alex Hutchings - Room 335 (Full Length Version) - YouTube

Add to basket, enter user name, pw and email in the right box if you're not a member. Follow instructions in email. There's a "My downloads" on the same page that will probably activate.

How's the Ford patch coming along "buddy"...? ;)

Hey vAmp -- I just posted that "parting gift" of a Robben Ford Dumble patch from Smilefan over on this SmileFan Patches Part III page.

I was excited to try this one out. I must be doing something wrong... when I import it in, it comes up as a bassman amp with every control zero'd. Is there a sticky somewhere that outlines the exact process for importing a sysex like this? Or is this an issue with subsequent firmware changes?

greiswig said:
I was excited to try this one out. I must be doing something wrong... when I import it in, it comes up as a bassman amp with every control zero'd. Is there a sticky somewhere that outlines the exact process for importing a sysex like this? Or is this an issue with subsequent firmware changes?

Hey. Go to the wish list section. I just posted about 7 or 8 dumble versions in response to Kevin asking about Robben Ford tone there. Yes, firmware is issue for some but have some 5.07 versions there. Get latest Axe Edit too. Posting this by iPhone so sorry for typos....

Ok Folks for you thread subscribers -- here is the FW 6.0 version of the Robben Ford Dumble. Cliff has matched the amp to a Bludotone "Ojai" which is the 1980s Dumble style with skyline tone stack.

make sure you check the X/Y settings on the Amp from Clean to Dirty. I leave Drive 1 on X (FET) which warms up the sound. On my End I use an RC Booster before the AXE II with gain at 9:00 and volume at 11 just to give my Tele pickups some lift.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Ojai XY FW6 FINAL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom