Here are the TesseracT Axe-Fx II Guitar and Bass Patches by 4D Sounds (QUANTUM 1.01)

Brock

Experienced
I'd posted a thread asking about the TesseracT Polaris guitar tones and was told 4D Sounds (which, I believe is basically Acle Kahney) is selling them (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/104921-tesseract-polaris-guitar-tone.html). To be clear, I am not affiliated with 4D Sounds or TesseracT. My hope is this helps users understand what the product is, what they get, and whether it's right for them. I appreciate when others do this, so I'm "paying it forward".

This is my own demo of the 4D Sounds patches for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II as modeled after those used on Polaris and sold by 4D Sounds. They are for the Axe-Fx II and have been released for QUANTUM 1.01 firmware and FW19. My demo is using the QUANTUM firmware.

You can buy the patches here 4D Sounds for ~$31.

Last edited:
@dbrozz - In the video, I show the actual patches where you can see the amp models and signal paths. The rhythm patch uses FAS Modern, another rhythm patch uses FAS Brootalz, and the cleans use the Jazz 120 and USA Clean. The pack also includes two IRs - one for the rhythm guitars and one for the bass patches.

Since this is a paid for product, out of respect to Acle, I'm not going to go into the details of the patches. My goal in posting the video was just to show those interested what the patches sound like with no processing.

Hey thanks man!

I wasn't trying to dig into disrespectful territory - as I know it was a paid product.

Just wanted the general starting point idea.

Sounds great! I really need to check out the new album. No one groove's like Tesseract.
Thanks! I really like Polaris. I never heard TesseracT before, but I have to say I really, really dig the album. The production is AMAZING.

Do these patches sound weird to anybody else who bought them? Theres a chance it could be other factors as to why I cant get it to sound like the album tone (like my pickups, although I have tried with a split coil and an actual single coil).

Do these patches sound weird to anybody else who bought them? Theres a chance it could be other factors as to why I cant get it to sound like the album tone (like my pickups, although I have tried with a split coil and an actual single coil).
are you using quantum firmware 1.01 from 3 years ago?

One thing that could work (or not) is to backup all your patches (reload after this process is done) and the go back to quantum 1.01.

Load the patches. If they sound good then record a track (sans FX for the best match). Then go to the newest firmware and load that patch and tone match it to the quantum 1.01 recording.

Alot of effort and might not be perfect but its an option if you paid for the patches and want to keep their sound in the new firmware.

are you using quantum firmware 1.01 from 3 years ago?
Aha, this makes sense. I'm up to date on the quantum firmware.

One thing that could work (or not) is to backup all your patches (reload after this process is done) and the go back to quantum 1.01.

Load the patches. If they sound good then record a track (sans FX for the best match). Then go to the newest firmware and load that patch and tone match it to the quantum 1.01 recording.

Alot of effort and might not be perfect but its an option if you paid for the patches and want to keep their sound in the new firmware.

I might try to do this, thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom