Herbie Ch 3 Test

iamlucid

Just when I thought I was happy with my 5153 tone, I start playing around with the Herbie amp. My god this thing sounds huge! Tell me what you think.

Btw, using OwnHammer's Beta cabs.

Updated: Tweaked the patch a bit to make it a little brighter and less flat. Updated clip is below.

-Cheers

Here's the patch:

Attachments

• iamlucid's Herbie v3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
sounds nice !!

personally i use the 5153 more for lead and/or metal sounds and the herbert more for hard rock stuff. but it works the other way too ;)

Wow that sounds huge! Very clean and heavy at the same time. What does your preset look like? Also, which one of the ownhammer beta presets are you using? What did you do in terms of mixing/EQing?

Wow that sounds huge! Very clean and heavy at the same time. What does your preset look like? Also, which one of the ownhammer beta presets are you using? What did you do in terms of mixing/EQing?

Thanks duder. I've posted the patch in the OP. I use 2 of OwnHammer's beta cabs: (1) OH BETA 412 Bogner V31 SM57 WF-5 & (2) OH BETA 412 Bogner V31 SM57 1.

On the mixing/EQ side, I generally just attenuate frequencies in my DAW. I'll set the outs of the guitar tracks to a guitar bus with multiple equalizers. In he equalizers, I usually stick to thin bands (high Q value) to remove any unwanted harsh frequencies. Then send the guitar bus to the master bus. I slap a compressor/limiter on the master bus to bring up the overall perceived volume without clipping.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

That sounds very cool, great job! Was the 2nd IR W-1 or WF-1?

The second IR is actually neither the W-1 or the WF-1. It's just the 1. So it's neither the Warm (W) or Warm and Fat (WF) derivative. Just the standard brightest IR.

Back
Top Bottom