Help!!!!!

Arpeggiomeister

Is there anyone in the Maine area that can help me program this thing???? Willing to pay for help. Have an audition next week and want to use it but I asm not good at this sort of thing.

I purchased the AXEFXIII while in the band Critical Defect. Skot used to program it for me. He is a bit of a tech wiz. I, on the other hand am not. The technology gremlins hate me and love to torture me. I do not have endless hours to figure this thing out. It is better to pay someone who already is good at it to show me. I am dyslexic so pouring over manuals is beyond frustrating.

+1 to all the above.

That said, if you're really uncomfortable getting into the details, I'd recommend one of two strategies:
  • Stick to the factory presets, tweak a little if you want -- turn down treble, turn up volume, whatever's obvious that you want to change. Ignore the deep editing. Try a different preset if one isn't working out.
  • Get another unit you're more at home with, maybe just an amp you like and a few pedals.

Bottom line, it's your musical life. Don't put yourself in a situation that's no fun! Where's the point in that? Some people like Fractal stuff, or modelers in general, some don't, no blame, no judgement.

Make yourself happy!

+1 as well.

Not sure what your audition is, but I've always taken a trusty amp combo or something. I mean, most auditions just want to verify skill level, timing, etc. Not what IR, reverb, or how many repeats are on your delay.
If you really need to use your FAS unit, I'd just do as @Dave Merrill suggested with using factory presets.

+1 as well.

Not sure what your audition is, but I've always taken a trusty amp combo or something. I mean, most auditions just want to verify skill level, timing, etc. Not what IR, reverb, or how many repeats are on your delay.
If you really need to use your FAS unit, I'd just do as @Dave Merrill suggested with using factory presets.
+1 on that.

If I were auditioning, I wouldn't want to be thinking about gear I'm not familiar with.

When auditioning others, that would be a turn-off. I just want to know if someone can play, ahead of that is social skills - would they be a good hang - receptive to other's ideas, etc.

Is there anyone in the Maine area that can help me program this thing???? Willing to pay for help. Have an audition next week and want to use it but I asm not good at this sort of thing.

I purchased the AXEFXIII while in the band Critical Defect. Skot used to program it for me. He is a bit of a tech wiz. I, on the other hand am not. The technology gremlins hate me and love to torture me. I do not have endless hours to figure this thing out. It is better to pay someone who already is good at it to show me. I am dyslexic so pouring over manuals is beyond frustrating.
@Cooper Carter has his Masterclass on Axe Fx iii, Fm9, Fm3. I recommend his class to learn all about this magic black Box. It has helped me greatly I would never be were I’m at without his help. And still learning!

@austinbuddy and his 1400 Naked amp pack is another great source of sound right now. I’m a big fan of anything by Austin Buddy.

I looked up Critical Defect. I think I get the sound you’re aiming for.

Try this:

1.Go to YouTube
2. Search for Leon Todd High Gain
3. Check the vids and see what you like
4. Presets from the vids are available on Ex-Change.
5. Go there, download them, load them into the unit, maybe a little tweaking and your off..

Leon’s IR’s a free to download as well. Highly recommended, they sound terrific for high gain sounds.
(Yep, all free, Leon’s a jolly good bloke to put it mildly……)

If you are tech savvy enough to use Zoom meeting on the same computer that is running Axe-Edit, I may be able to 'remotely' help?

Are you using traditional cabs or going direct, or both?
What type of tone(s) do you need for the audition?
Do you have an FC pedal?
Are you using expression pedals?

Advice…
If you’re going to an audition and you want the gig, and you’re not comfortable with the Fractal right now, and you have a week…
Use what you already have (for now) and concentrate on the music.
A band isn’t going to care about your amp (unless it sucks), but they’ll care more about your character and how prepared you are.
When you have the time, then work on your Fractal.
Do you really want to audition your sound at an audition and have to maybe make adjustments while you’re there… not being comfortable with your new amp yet? I’m sure they don’t want to hear it. Bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom