Help with using 2 different guitars with FX8

gnegne

Hello, I'm new with Fx8 (but I had the Ax8) and I would to create some clean presets (with only a delay and reverb) for using a Strato and a Les Paul during the same setlist.
In Ax8 it was made simple changing Amp output level inside presets created for different pickup (humbucker vs single coil) and balance the overall volume output.
Which is the best practice to level 2 presets at same volume using 2 different guitars without touching a Amp or Drive block?
Thank you

I'm sure there are a thousand different ways to accomplish what you're asking, but the way I generally go about is to put a studio compressor out front with a very transparent setting, with a boost in the x/y. That'll even out the levels, and give you a boost/cut depending on which guitar needs it.

Scene Levels will allow you to accomplish this without using additional blocks. They're found in the Gate/Out page of FX8 Edit.

Scene Levels will allow you to accomplish this without using additional blocks. They're found in the Gate/Out page of FX8 Edit.

Great way without using more blocks. I've seen it now. The only care is to set all 8 Scenes to the desired level.
I.E. +6db for all Scenes if the preset is used by a singlecoil guitar or +0db if used by humbucker guitar.

I've found another way too if it could be useful. My amp has 2 inputs: low and high. I could run OUT Left to high (for singlecoil) and OUT Right to low (for humbucker) and using Balance in OUT Pre (balancing 100% left or right) for every single preset.

Back
Top Bottom