Help with this tone/Patch pretty please ;-)

daveywoodford

Inspired
Hey guys.

Iv'e tried with limited time on my hands here with work ect... and i cant get this tone?
any joy your end?

Been using my Lollar imperials in my eggle berlin pro , but cant quite get it down !......

around 1.05 it kicks in, the verb i like too ?, room u 'd say?
i tried a plexi dialed down but...?

patch me up.

TIA

Davey

i dont have any solid body with paf style buckers around, i mainly play 335's when doing buckers add to that i have a very mellow tone from my hands playing with a pick giving away patches won't help you much. what i have learned from going trough 100's of presets for my ax8 - from both ax8 and axe fx 2 - is that you need to tweak them a bit .. or sometimes a lot to make them fit your guitar, pups and especially your playing style and tone from you hands. i never go for another players sound/eq i live with my own since i have developed that tone from my hands for over 30 years.

but here is how i would start, and you dont need many blocks. we know Gary Moore played a stock JTM45 reissue (the one in the ax8 is very very good) we know he didnt use stock speakers, he used Electrovoice 12M speakers and we know he used a Marshall Governor for distortion and sustain (still got the blues is EV12M and Governor all the way). add a bit of compression in front of the amp and add a room at around 9 to 12% after the cab block. then you should be pretty close with your guitar and vintage style PAF style pups. the clip you posted sounds like its no distortion just amp, BB Kings sound is pretty easy to pick out compared to Moore. After that its just adjusting the normal controls to get the eq as close to his as you want.

Back
Top Bottom