Help with Shawn Lane's tone

boyedav

Inspired
Reference:

There are plenty of other examples of well.

What I really like about his tone is that it's fat, but still allows the articulation to come through. The attack that his hands produce on the front end of each note isn't being lost.

I have an Axe-FX III mk I, and humbucker-equipped guitars. Curious where y'all might start in terms of building a preset that might be a good starting point.

Thanks!

I read a long time ago that he ran a quadraphonic setup. He would run his pedals, heavy delay included, split into 4 Mississippi Bluesmasters but with a different 100% wet single repeat short delay before 3 of them. You can mimic this with a Multi delay placed after the cab block.

Shawn's tone on those MIT live shows with the Charvel is my alltime favourite guitar sound.

I read a long time ago that he ran a quadraphonic setup. He would run his pedals, heavy delay included, split into 4 Mississippi Bluesmasters but with a different 100% wet single repeat short delay before 3 of them. You can mimic this with a Multi delay placed after the cab block.

Shawn's tone on those MIT live shows with the Charvel is my alltime favourite guitar sound.
Got a URL please?

I've read this too, but I think he used just 2 amps for most of his career.

This would have been almost 20 years ago...
Probably the long defunct unofficial Lane fan forum (Memphis Monster I think?).
He started doing this to brute force decent tone in bad-sounding venues.
I meant a URL for clips of the MIT shows whose tone you dig. I didn't find anything labeled as that on YT, but maybe I just missed it.

Back
Top Bottom