Help with scenes...changing scenes isn't really seamless?

Gotcha clarky! That is quite a layout...I'm going to study it a bit to absorb what all you've got going on. That is really helpful!

Thanks again my friend ;)

ah… that's quite a big preset..
here's the very basics..
the 4 Vol blocks: these are scene selectable and control the amount of input level to the amps.. also they have different modifier curves which are used to morph the dirty tone clean. if I assigned this modifier to the amp's input trim, it'd be fixed, plus it'd also remain assigned to the amp's Y side.. having 4 vols do this overcomes this limitation..

the PEQs and the mixer: these are used to cross-fade a PEQ with the direct signal so that when the tone cleans the tone's lows and highs are boosted. this prevents the cleaned tone from thinning out [as a result of the cleaning process].

rev / delay / pitch / weird routing / mixer: this enable me to have two different sets of levels and control over these fx blocks without having to resort to X-Y switching..

4 GEQ: they are used for final level and EQ on a per scene basis..

I know it is :shock :lol Hence my, if it's too much hassle!!

Thanks much for the explanation, taking the time...and again for shortening my learning curve with this amazing piece of gear;)

Just what I was looking for!

when I've finished the album I'm working on I'll be upgrading to fw16.x..
and since fw14 there have been some significant improvements I'll be redesigning my presets..
then I'll be redesigning my presets

when I've finished the album I'm working on I'll be upgrading to fw16.x..
and since fw14 there have been some significant improvements I'll be redesigning my presets..
then I'll be redesigning my presets
8) LOL

I'm afraid I've drifted into the Rabbit Hole :lol I'm still working with this main dirty "live" preset with dual amps. Love that capability...problem is I keep trying different combinations..."Ok, this one is pretty cool...this one might be good for this type of thing.............." :shock:lol

my take on this is simple..
a pair of amps to riff with, an amp to solo with and another for clean..
one of the riffing amps will be the same amp as the soloing one so there is no X-Y switching
when I hit the soloing scene, the other amp mutes, the 'riffing vol block' mutes, and the soloing vol block unmutes.. the soloing vol block has a big ol' level boost to provide more gain..
only the other amp X-Y switches for the right side riff tone and clean..

for live tones, I'd personally rather not use loads of different amps for different songs..
it makes sense to keep your riff / solo / clean tones consistent..

Reactions: CCT
my take on this is simple..
a pair of amps to riff with, an amp to solo with and another for clean..
one of the riffing amps will be the same amp as the soloing one so there is no X-Y switching
when I hit the soloing scene, the other amp mutes, the 'riffing vol block' mutes, and the soloing vol block unmutes.. the soloing vol block has a big ol' level boost to provide more gain..
only the other amp X-Y switches for the right side riff tone and clean..

for live tones, I'd personally rather not use loads of different amps for different songs..
it makes sense to keep your riff / solo / clean tones consistent..

I agree. For live use, I'll end up with one base heavy preset w scenes, a clean preset w scenes, probably and in between preset w scenes. My problem now is I keep adding to my list of "possibilities" and I can't decide yet :lol Once I do, I'll be in better shape!!

Appreciate the additional thoughts 8) You've given me some good ideas.

Then I have to put the clean and in between presets together...program the MFC...put a new board together for it etc. ...and then get back to recording and creating the sounds I want for that LOL Yikes:roll :lol

Last edited:
here's a thought when considering complex / multi-tone / multi-function presets..

it's like the layers of an onion.. but you're assembling it rather than pealing it..
start simple.. match the amps and cabs one by one..
then build each extra feature / capability on top of that one at a time..
where each extra thing you add is small and simple..

so as you add each extra functional layer, make sure it works exactly as intended..
eventually the preset grows into something bigger / more complex..

if you try to do it all right from the start you'll end up with too much to cope with and figure.. and maybe end up config'ing yourself into a mess..

Reactions: CCT
here's a thought when considering complex / multi-tone / multi-function presets..

it's like the layers of an onion.. but you're assembling it rather than pealing it..
start simple.. match the amps and cabs one by one..
then build each extra feature / capability on top of that one at a time..
where each extra thing you add is small and simple..

so as you add each extra functional layer, make sure it works exactly as intended..
eventually the preset grows into something bigger / more complex..

if you try to do it all right from the start you'll end up with too much to cope with and figure.. and maybe end up config'ing yourself into a mess..

Indeed ;)
Sage advice Clarky, thanks!

first off [maybe you know this already, but I'll point it out anyhow]...
you need to have AxeEdit either not open or with the communication stopped. If AxeEdit is open and "active" it'll cause all kinds of stutters and dropouts..

snip...

Glad I found this! Just spent an hour trying to sort out a stutter with Edit open on a connected PC. Thanks Clarky.

Allan

Everything in scenes is seemless except amp block x/y as it takes a lot of power to change all of those parameters. I SOLVE THIS BY HAVING TWO AMPS ON THE GRID AND CHANGING THERE OUTPUT TO MUTE, THEN SCENE CHANGE BETWEEN THOSE TWO AMPS

X/Y switching isn't 100% seamless depending on what you are switching.
Use Scene Controllers to achieve the same thing seamlessly.

Back
Top Bottom