Help with making rhythm tone clearer

So I have a fairly decent rhythm tone going on my ultra but there's some things I'm still having issues with. The main thing that I feel the tone is missing is better chord definition. I use a lot of big chords in my playing and I need a tone that will really bring the chords to life without making every thing run together into a muddy mess. I've mucked around with the parametric eq quite a bit but to no avail. I'm kind of going for a haunted shores-esque tone. I'd really appreciate any and all help I can get :)

Attachments

• Chordy(2).syx
    2 KB · Views: 8
have you tried running a clean amp along with it? or running your cirect guitar signal on a side chain and mixing/blending that with your amp sound? I cant load axe edit on this cpu so I can't see if your patch does that already....

I'd strongly recommend using the EV12L IR which is a factory IR. If you get too much emphasis on the low part just adapt the low cut frequency of the amp block; say 200Hz or higher according to your taste. Worked out perfect for me using any Fender amp blocks & an FRFR solution.
Rgds,

I have bare knuckle aftermaths and no I haven't done the clean amp blending; the chain I have is fairly simple on this one. The Ev12 cab sounds a little better when I add it with a german cab but it's still getting a little too mudded up for me. If anyone could upload a version of the patch I have but tweaked a little that would be incredibly helpful. I'm still getting used to my ultra and pretty much all of my presets are fairly basic. I'm quite the noob

A couple of things to try although I am really not sure what shores-esque means:

1. Amp you are using is pretty high gain, try lowering the Master Vol much lower, in the 3 range
2. Take Damp down some, 100 is pretty extreme. Personally, I hardly ever run it past the mid point
3. Work without a compressor or a the Drive pedal if you can get close to what you want, don't worry about volume, that can be added later
4. The EQ settings in the preset are pretty extreme in high mid boost so I assume you want that, not sure what to do there but I would guess another approach would be different Cab and mic combination instead, not sure which if you need that much in that freq range
5. Another approach is to go a tad higher in gain and then turn down the guitar volume but will highly depend on your pups and guitar

There is also another thing to try using PEQs in front and behind amp/cab, see attached preset. Pretty sure its nowhere near what you want but it might spark some alternative ideas. Good luck!

Attachments

• Chordy(2)-Dink.syx
    2 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom