Help with Looper?

violindave

Inspired
two instruments, violin and nylon guitar, separate presets.
Happy with both presets

guitar preset is quieter. if I raise the volume level it starts to feedback or sound brittle

how do I deal with the volume difference when switching instruments?
what is the best way to set up this type of looping with two separate presets?
Looper is active in all scenes of both presets

Looking for simplest way to do it with least adjustments on the fly.

Also guitar volume when looped seems to drop on playback

Thanks for any help

depends how the presets are setup and the levels.

if the guitar is feeding back when brought to an appropriate level, this is a monitoring issue, with the speakers getting back into the guitar. you need to solve that and raise the guitar volume as needed.

Seems like you'd want to deal with the feedback. Have you added a sound hole dampener?

Some things you can do to deal with feedback:

1) Invert the phase. This will either reduce the feedback or make it worse. If it reduces the feedback, stick with it.

2) Use a notch filter to fight the problem frequency.

3) Move yourself or the monitor to a location that produces less feedback.

Can you put the looper block in parallel with your dry signal, and set the mix to 100% wet? I expect that would fix this issue.
Looper has playback level which is set at 0.00, overdub level set to 0.00, dry level set to 0.00. Mutefxout is selected
are these the correct settings?

Looper has playback level which is set at 0.00, overdub level set to 0.00, dry level set to 0.00. Mutefxout is selected

Depends on where the looper block is (Parallel or series) and what you prefer.

I have my looper in parallel so set dry level to minimum (-60 db?) and want the playback of the loop slightly lower in volume than the main signal so set playback level to -3bdb.

Last edited:
Those are the default settings and work well in serial. From there “correct” means something different to everyone.

OK, I had it set in parallel but with the serial settings. Will see how that changes things - move the dry level to -60 etc. Do I still want it at mutefxout?

OK, I had it set in parallel but with the serial settings. Will see how that changes things - move the dry level to -60 etc. Do I still want it at mutefxout?
depends on whether you stop looper playback by bypassing the block or by using the stop/play function.

Personally I do it by bypassing the looper block, so I set the mix to mute out (or mute fx out; I can't recall, but it should be the same result either way.)

Back
Top Bottom