Help with - LOGIC sending MIDI patch change via USB

CAN'T SEE "FM3" as a select option in PORT on LOGIC.

I have a bunch of songs I use for live streaming.
I have had to use actual MIDI cables (to USB) into my IMAC PRO to make it work. It does work and i have scene changes working also.

In the LOGIC "PORT" selection (of my EXTERNAL MIDI track), i have my AXIOM KEYBOARD and the USB to MIDI cables as a choice.
(as i said - i am using the MIDI cables)

There is no option for the FM3 USB MIDI. (However, I do have it connected running FM3 EDIT)

Can anyone help me with this.
I guess i just need to know how to add the FM3 MIDI manually? (should i have to?)

The MIDI cables are clunky, they often send out wrong patch changes. Plus, i'd like to keep the MIDI ports on the FM3 free for footswitches (etc)

Thanks in advance.
Peter

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.56.34 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.56.34 pm.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.59.26 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.59.26 pm.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
The FM3 does not support MIDI Over USB in that way. You'll need a third party USB-to-MIDI cable or adapter such as those made by IK Multimedia, Roland and others.

The FM3 does not support MIDI Over USB in that way. You'll need a third party USB-to-MIDI cable or adapter such as those made by IK Multimedia, Roland and others.
Hi, Ive just watched Cooper Carters video on how to do this via a USB to USB in REAPER.
The only issue i see different is .... i cant see AXEF as a control surface.
I'll try contacting Cooper.

So, on further thought… if the FM3 does not have MIDI control over USB, how does FracBot send SysEx? How does FM3Edit change patches? and if that doesn’t happen through MIDI over USB and by some other mechanism, that means we should be able to write a plugin that talks to the FM3 using the same protocol that FM3Edit uses no?

i just spend some hours on that topic to automate changes on my fm3, you definitely need an midi over usb cable this will show up as some midi device not as fm3. So far preset and scene changes work fine, only copy and paste of the midi item and pasting it lead sometimes to unwanted behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom