Help with infinite guitar or ebow emulating for recent FW

gnegne

Hello, there are many threads about "infinite guitar with axe-fx" or "emulate ebow", but all presets are old and unavailable.
There are some tips (or a new preset) to recreate a long sustain like ebow simply picking string several times and without using external controller? I.e. feedback block for feeding delay + multidelay create a sort of shimmer with a lead voice like Cranberries "Ordinary days" or "Heroes"?
Thanks to all

There's something like that in the reverb hold function - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z61WHX9V19Q

That requires that you do have a reverb in your patch though, and it's more of an ambient effect.

For a more "infinite sustain"- like functionality I have an EHX Freeze pedal right above one of the expression pedals on my board.

None of these actually completely replace the ebow, so I have that as well.

And ebow also has some limitations, so I'm thinking about getting another guitar and installing Sustainiac there. :)

All of these are great tools, but quite different, actually.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/95088-instant-feedback-preset-example.html

This is simulated feedback controlled with a pedal & I'm thinking Yek has an ebow patch in his presets

or "Heroes"?

Despite what almost everybody thinks Heroes is not an Ebow. Eno has put Fripp's guitar through some analog synth in the studio. I think it is not really possible to create the real feel and sound of an ebow or the sustainiac with the Axe fx. You can do so much more with the ebow than just sustaining the notes. The hold in the reverb or delay is very nice but not the same. But maybe you can come close. Still I am interested in seeing what people come up with because I love these sustained notes.

I wanted to emulate the bow and also have a way to do Vai like singing sustain which feedback in harmonic overtones. I installed a sustainiac in one of my anderson's and it looks totally stock but its a very fun effect. I turn it on and off by pulling on what was the tone pot which also controls the output mix of the sustainiac. If you have a guitar you will never sell then do it. It was worth the cost $500. I have had the guitar like that for about 7 years. It sounds killer!

Back
Top Bottom