Help with Delay Settings

barhrecords

Axe-Master
I'm trying to setup the Delay for the GNR Welcome To The Jungle Intro. I'm using standard tuned guitar, 104BPM, I've got the delay setup for 16th notes.

I can get close enough for what I need with my DAW using Waves H-Delay:

But I can't get the delay in the AxeFx quite there:

Also, I think I hear a ringing frequency, almost like a ring modulator. It sounds like a pitch between G# and A on the high E string. You can hear the ring at the end of the first bar where I am playing only the B on the G string.

Preset attached. I stripped the preset down to just the delay block to try and isolate it. I realize the DAW mix has some verb on it and the AxeFx mix does not. I'm trying to debug the delay first.

Attachments

• Welcome To The Jungle Delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
I don't think there's any 16th delay on the original. When the real lick starts the delay is around 450-500 ms (about 7 32nds) and not very loud. I guess the false starts have some extra delay, maybe just that same one mixed higher. IOW he's playing a few B's that eventually coincide with the delay.

The lick is played like this:

ean3.jpg

I'm hearing maybe one or two repeats in that live example. You need to loose the ping pong effect as well that makes it even worse.

Thanks guys!

I got the delay settings and riff from a CD / book package by Jeff Perrin / Hal Leonard.

I got suspicious about his info since 150ms and less delay has more of a comb filter / slap back sound anyway. Really hard to get distinct echo at 150ms.

I should have woodshedded on the track first :)

I appreciate the help!

Rock on gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom