help with computer audio into Logic

Jelico

Hello - I'm trying to record Apple Music playing from my Mac Studio into Logic using the FM9 as audio interface. I have the FM9 selected as audio interface both on my Mac and within Logic. I've tried every combination of inputs and outputs, speaker configuration in Audio Midi Setup, making a new patch in the FM9 utilizing all possible inputs and outputs and still I cannot get a signal coming into Logic. I have a track armed for recording in Logic, have turned on & off software monitoring, and all other possible USB and input/output setup options in Logic and the FM9 and still nothing. I know with my FM3 the trick was to change the speaker configuration in Audio Midi Setup but again that is not making any difference in the FM9. What step am I missing?

You can loop the audio from the FM9 back into Logic using an In USB block routed to Out1 or Out2. Change your system output audio device to the FM9 and use "Configure Speakers" in Audio MIDI Setup to set the usb channels to 7/8.

Thank you, I thought I tried this or similar, but then I lost my guitar (ie. Input1/Out 1).

In this case I am recording with like a live screen recording in Slack, not in a DAW. Does that change things at all?

Back
Top Bottom