Help with CLR Buzz

I am still working on it though....more tests this weekend!!

Well in that case, best of luck to you! Don't forget to take plenty of breaks for sanity's sake! You definitely deserve the "Trooper" award on this one.

FWIW - I'm still hoping that the CLR will become my FRFR solution in the future if the reasoning for this buzz gets identified/resolved.

Last edited:
It often happens to the most expensive compression-drivers that the voice-coil "rubs" at a distinct frequency if they by chance is a little misaligned in the magnet-gap - or the driver has been severely overheated.. It happened to me several times. It will lead to frequent noice.

It often happens to the most expensive compression-drivers that the voice-coil "rubs" at a distinct frequency if they by chance is a little misaligned in the magnet-gap - or the driver has been severely overheated.. It happened to me several times. It will lead to frequent noice.

Interesting, this was my (unsubstantiated) gut feeling when first hearing the buzz. Ironic how this undesirable noise would happen on "the most expensive compression drivers." Kinda defeats the purpose as it ruins the whole experience if you ask me. My QSC HPRs did a similar buzzing noise back in the day and I dumped them because of it. My K12 never did this.

Has anyone determined what the buzzing noise is with the CLRs? I am hearing this in both of CLR active wedges and it seems to really stand out now, mainly when I play on the lower strings with a clean or crunch tones.

make sure you are in a room with minimal extraneous vibrations, then do this: set up a sweep test tone using the synth block that sweeps between 40 and 120hz to see if this excites some of the low frequencies in the CLR at reasonably healthy volume. See what transpires. Or, you can always email Atomic support for assistance.

Has anyone determined what the buzzing noise is with the CLRs? I am hearing this in both of CLR active wedges and it seems to really stand out now, mainly when I play on the lower strings with a clean or crunch tones.

Contact Atomic. I believe earlier problems with the buzzing noise have been solved by Tom.

I have exactly the same problem. The phenomenon stops after a few hours when I leave the CLR on.
I'd rather call this sound like a sizzling rather than BUZZ

Hi jimfist, I m not sure how to setup a synth block to do what you are saying...sounds like a good idea though. Can you explain the setup? Thanks!

BBN, I think I will contact Atomic too, I just didn't want to open a ticket if it really was on my end but a few others locally hear in Boston area have brought this to my attention and now I can hear it more than ever.

PMs sent. Of the few issues that have been reported and solved having to due with any type of "buzzing" there has been no single cause. It's been things like a broken wire tie or some material rubbing against the speaker. All have been easy fixes. With the large amount of CLRs we've shipped over the last year, the number of any type of issue has been very low. If you think there anything wrong with the performance of your CLR the best way to sort it out is by contacting: support@atomicamps.com. I or someone on staff will be happy to help you. Thanks!

Best,

Tom

Back
Top Bottom