Help With Cab Block to Reduce CPU

OK.....I did one reverb.....and it didn't really help lower the CPU, or help much if it did.
I have screen snapshots below of Scene 1 and Scene 2
Remember - I'm a fiddle player (not that this changes the software).......

SCENE 1 ::: Create a string pad type sound, and loop it
SCENE 2 ::: Play a lead type part on top of the looped string pad sound from scene 1

~~~~~~~~> If somebody knows a better way to accomplish this in ONE PRESET :: PLEASE ADVISE

TwoScenes-OneReverb.png

TwoScenes-OneReverbNoHelp.png

Gotcha @guitarnerdswe .... I was just asking in general terms as I have been running into some volume jumps when going to a couple different scenes and I think it was do the some block issues. Any help would be awesome. This was morphed from Rocco's Wicked Sensation Patch...... added a channel with the Skullcrusher amp and added a circuit to simulate the Freqout pedal by foot switch. Thanks

I cleaned her up tried some stuff from this thread and it is definitely helped me balance some levels on my delays.... but still had to adjust scene levels a good bit.
I still get a spike going from Crunch to Solo or Deep lead! :mad:

Why does a "side" Reverb block at the end of a chain, right before the output so different/great?

Attachments

• Marks FBNoPed.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Gotcha @guitarnerdswe .... I was just asking in general terms as I have been running into some volume jumps when going to a couple different scenes and I think it was do the some block issues. Any help would be awesome. This was morphed from Rocco's Wicked Sensation Patch...... added a channel with the Skullcrusher amp and added a circuit to simulate the Freqout pedal by foot switch. Thanks

I cleaned her up tried some stuff from this thread and it is definitely helped me balance some levels on my delays.... but still had to adjust scene levels a good bit.

Why does a "side" Reverb block at the end of a chain, right before the output so different/great?
I will check this out when I get a chance. But I was asking @Alex Kerezy to post the preset that this thread is about.

Thanks.......I caught that Moke,
Just stuck it in as guitarnerd mentioned.....
I totally jacked sideways ...... you guys put out so much good intel I think I pick up something from every thread!
Back to our regularly scheduled program. 👍🏻

Last edited:

There are many "mistakes" (IMHO) in this preset. Here are the biggest ones.....
  1. Your 'Output' block is changing channels a lot? All with very different settings? There are separate per-scene faders already ('Scene Levels' tab), so you don't need to change channels to have access to different scene levels. Be aware that drastic settings on the 'Scene Level' Faders can cause issues. Your best bet is to always adjust your scene levels withing the grid/blocks themselves. preferable before any Delays/Reverbs.
  2. If you want to use parallel Delay/Reverb routing, set the mix levels at 100% to stop excess dry signals from passing through. Use the 'Level' parameters for adjusting the effect levels.... I prefer to leave the 'Level' at '0', and use the 'Input Gain' parameter for more consistent spill-over trails when switching between channels and/or other presets.

Last edited:
  • Make a preset with a synth block going into that cab block + a volume block (in parallel), both going into the tonematch block.
  • Set the synth to white or pink noise, tracking off.
  • Pan the cab block all the way to the left
  • Pan the volume block all the way to the right
  • Set the tonematch block to live mode, use the signal coming from the cab as reference and the signal coming from the volume block as local
  • Start both and after a few seconds hit match
  • Export the tonematch to a user cab slot

I need some help on Cab-Lab-Lite 3.

I exported some user IRs from Axe Edit III 10.05.11 as syx files.
When I try to load the exported IRs into CabLabLite I get an error message: File(s) could not be imported - Unknown error

What's wrong?
Do you know any good tutorial?
Is it possible to mix factory IRs?

Thanks in advance.
Cab Lab Lite only supports converting WAV IRs to syx.

You need the purchased product full version for anything else.

It's posted - and THANK YOU!!
Some things could be routed differently for better spill-over between scenes. Three Compressors? One of them seems redundant??

You could possibly use an Amp block or two for some compression. warmth, and EQ and use lees CPU%, as they (mostly) use a separate processor.

Channel 'B' of the Reverb block is set to 'Ultra-High' Quality.

The Cab block with three IRs is the biggest CPU hog. Making a single IR out of these three would drop the CPU% by around 10%. If the IRs are not commercial, send them to me and I can make a personal single IR for you. Or get the full blown Cab-Lab, I am sure that it will come in handy.

Also the Tube Preamp type, in the Cab block, set to 'High Quality' is adding to it.

Hey everyone.....so I bought CabLab, and mixed the 3 cabs in my cab block down to one (inside CabLab). I saved the mix as a new user cab and brought it back into the cab block............and wWWWHHHHHHAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAM ===> CPU drops down to 62%

Thanks EVERYONE!!!

Back
Top Bottom