Help with BE-100 Models

GuitarGuy316

Inspired
I saw per the wiki all the amp models except for the ones that are “2010” are now based on a 2018 amp. Is that now meant to be based on the latest BE-100 Deluxe?

Current models ("Cygnus" amp modeling):
  • BE C45: based on later BE-100, C45 switch engaged
  • BE V1: based on later BE-100, voice in left position
  • BE V1 Fat: based on later BE-100, voice in left position, FAT switch engaged
  • BE V2: based on later BE-100, voice in middle position (brightest)
  • BE V3: based on later BE-100, voice in right position
  • HBE C45: based on later BE-100, C45 switch engaged
  • HBE V1: based on later BE-100, voice in left position
  • HBE V1 Fat: based on later BE-100, voice in left position, FAT switch engaged
  • HBE V2: based on later BE-100, voice in middle position (brightest)
  • HBE V3: based on later BE-100, voice in right position
I had tried the real amp before so the options all line up as I recall. With that said, I can’t recall to for the voices what the left and right positions are supposed to be (I know middle was brightest).

Anyways…there’s so many settings on this amp so does anyone have any tips to dial in this amp and cab recommendations? Looking to dial in a few presets…one with the 80s/90s Modded Marshall thing and then something more modern with a hard rock/metal tone.

I have previously owned a 2013 BE a 2015 BE and a 2017 BE along with 2 BE100 Deluxe heads. I only use modelers now as the AXE 3 is pretty much spot on.

In the real amps the earlier models up to 2015 used different capacitors and had a slightly different circuit which lead the tone to be more raw and open. The later models had Synergy caps, some circuit mods and more structure switches added. These versions sounded more polished and more compressed. To me the earlier ones sounded better and I hated all of the mid/gain structure switches because I found myself constantly switching these.

In modeling terms the BEV1 and HBE V1 in the AXE 3 sound very open compared to the V2 and V3 versions just like the real amps.

If you want more raw of a tone just put a TS in front of the amp and leave the SAT switch off. If you want more hair put SAT switch on. Bump the Master Volume to sound more open.

Also check the thread for the Brad Whitford tweaks as if you do all of these it really makes the amp sound more responsive and punchy. I run my Friedman sims with some York Audio Friedman IR's and I have 80s/90s Modded Marshall tone for days.

I have previously owned a 2013 BE a 2015 BE and a 2017 BE along with 2 BE100 Deluxe heads. I only use modelers now as the AXE 3 is pretty much spot on.

In the real amps the earlier models up to 2015 used different capacitors and had a slightly different circuit which lead the tone to be more raw and open. The later models had Synergy caps, some circuit mods and more structure switches added. These versions sounded more polished and more compressed. To me the earlier ones sounded better and I hated all of the mid/gain structure switches because I found myself constantly switching these.

In modeling terms the BEV1 and HBE V1 in the AXE 3 sound very open compared to the V2 and V3 versions just like the real amps.

If you want more raw of a tone just put a TS in front of the amp and leave the SAT switch off. If you want more hair put SAT switch on. Bump the Master Volume to sound more open.

Also check the thread for the Brad Whitford tweaks as if you do all of these it really makes the amp sound more responsive and punchy. I run my Friedman sims with some York Audio Friedman IR's and I have 80s/90s Modded Marshall tone for days.
Thanks, I have that same Friedman pack from YA...guess I'll start with Mix 01.

As you know the IR's make up so much of your tone. Lately I have been using the following Factory 2 331 and Factory 2 349 panned 20/-20 and then YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix Fred with the High Cut down to 6800 or so. The 5153 cabs tone down the high end of the YA Friedman cab IR's.

So at the end the best thing is to make a friedman sound like a Marshall again :)

I don't think the 2018 model is the newest iteration BE100DLX. I could be wrong but I think Cliff did a model of that some time ago in a FW release, but a lot of people complained about it being too hairy or raw so we ended up with the 2018 version. The real BE 100 DLX is bit rawer/open than the earlier models except the old (pre production line) Marsha's which were hairy SOBs. The the older production amps were smoother and darker, to my memory anyway, but that also depended on the year. I've owned a few along the way and that's how I remember it.

The voicing switch on the amp is Middle= V1 brightest, Left=V2 Less Bright, Right=V3 Warm

FWIW my fav cab IRs with the Friedman's are the YA Black Back pack. Just sits right with the amps to my ears. Also important is the SIC you choose. The Friedman SIC has more highs and less lows than other 4x12 SICs which does have an impact on how the model responds through the IR. I prefer the Greenback SIC.

Back
Top Bottom