WTB Help with an FRFR speaker

maorgr

Inspired
Hi,

I have an FRFR speaker, paid a lot of money for it. I am not content with the sound when it comes to blue\metal.
I don't have the AXE at the moment as it was defective, so I'm using Genome by two-notes as a VST in reaper.
I have very little to no background in this topic, so I'm completely clueless as to what needs to be done to improve this.

The whole setup consists of two-notes Genome, Audient iD22 and a 2x8" FRFR active cab (Cubo).

I am willing to pay someone who could help me get this issue, that has been bothering me with all FRFR speakers I've had.

PM if interested.

Regards.

Last edited:
I can relate to the issue you're describing. It's disappointing when you can't quite reach the sound you're hearing in your head!

There are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people on the Fractal Audio forums. If you could provide some more details about the issues you're dealing with and the sounds you are going for, you might get some useful input and ideas.

First thing is I would move this thread to the Amps and Cabs forum.

I don't play Metal, I do play some Blues and Rock...I have a Blueamps Junior an EV PXM12 and 2 Fender FR10's.
All my self made presets sound great with the EV or the FR10's, I run in stereo or W/D/W.

Only some of my presets sound great with the Junior...others I have to tweak if I want to use them.
The Junior sounds great with most of my clean presets in particular but the form factor makes it harder to convey what a larger cab can do.
The Cubo should be a bit fuller and louder, but loudness isn't an issue for my use.

The Fender's come closest to the "Amp in the room" feel and sound great stock but I am sure will sound even better with the WK Smith preamps installed...hopefully next week!!!
Check out Leon Todds videos on tone and dialing in amps, etc.,...you can search for him on this forum.

First thing is I would move this thread to the Amps and Cabs forum.

I don't play Metal, I do play some Blues and Rock...I have a Blueamps Junior an EV PXM12 and 2 Fender FR10's.
All my self made presets sound great with the EV or the FR10's, I run in stereo or W/D/W.

Only some of my presets sound great with the Junior...others I have to tweak if I want to use them.
The Junior sounds great with most of my clean presets in particular but the form factor makes it harder to convey what a larger cab can do.
The Cubo should be a bit fuller and louder, but loudness isn't an issue for my use.

The Fender's come closest to the "Amp in the room" feel and sound great stock but I am sure will sound even better with the WK Smith preamps installed...hopefully next week!!!
Check out Leon Todds videos on tone and dialing in amps, etc.,...you can search for him on this forum.
I appreciate the comment, and the Cubo which I own is also from Blueamps and it's great. I just lack the knowledge to configure(tweak) the EQ for it to sound great in distorted sounds etc. on my own, that's why I need help.

I appreciate the comment, and the Cubo which I own is also from Blueamps and it's great. I just lack the knowledge to configure(tweak) the EQ for it to sound great in distorted sounds etc. on my own, that's why I need help.
That is your ear that is going to have to decide what good is. I do not know your pre-amp gear but if it sounds boxy (given the boxy shape of the Cubo) I would cut some lows in the 180-250 Hz range, if it is too middy or muddy cut 400-600 hz as well, if has no bottom end add 63-120 hz.

I would watch Leon video's and keep turning virtual knobs.

Best of luck!

That is your ear that is going to have to decide what good is. I do not know your pre-amp gear but if it sounds boxy (given the boxy shape of the Cubo) I would cut some lows in the 180-250 Hz range, if it is too middy or muddy cut 400-600 hz as well, if has no bottom end add 63-120 hz.

I would watch Leon video's and keep turning virtual knobs.

Best of luck!
Thanks.

I honestly don't know what to make of this.. I had the positive grid Mini Spark, and compared to the AXE + Cubo, it sounded amazing, so it must be something that I'm doing wrong.

Again, I would try another forum, not many people cruise the wanted forum.

I just re-read the original post and you said the Axe (3?) was defective and you don't have it now...maybe it just didn't sound right as well.
I also have a Spark mini and it sounds good through the junior but not nearly as good as my FM9.

Back
Top Bottom