Help with a Kitchen Sink Preset

Stickguy

I have a base 'kitchen sink' preset that I'm trying to optimize. This is my 95% of the time preset that I built based on what I used in my AX8 for years.
CPU is under 70% most of the time and I haven't had any issues there.
Scenes 1-3 are different levels of gain (Clean to Mean) and Scene 4 is a Rotary Scene
I have some 'drop in' effects that work on each scene: 1)Neutral Boost (+3db) 2)Phaser 3)Envelope Filter 4)Delay1 5)Delay2
The toggle effects are assigned to MIDI Switches. I use those as needed over Scenes 1-4.
Here's what I'm trying to improve:
I don't use the autowah or the phaser with Scene 4. I'd like those effects to be disabled if they are on when I go to scene 4.
I don't use Delay1 and Delay2 at the same time. Is there a way to disable one if the other is on to save some foot taps?
I've done several gigs with this layout but I feel like it could be tightened up. I'm open to redoing the whole setup with Scenes but I can't get my head around how I could make that work. Any ideas on how I could tighten this up?

If you don't want a block on in a given scene, then save the preset with the block bypassed.

For the Delays, assign the same CC# as a modifier on their Bypass (instead of having one CC for each Delay).

Set the modifier Min/Max on the 2nd Delay to be inverse of the other. But that means one will always be on.

Unless your midi controller allows sending multiple midi commands with a single switch press?

If you don't want a block on in a given scene, then save the preset with the block bypassed.

For the Delays, assign the same CC# as a modifier on their Bypass (instead of having one CC for each Delay).

Set the modifier Min/Max on the 2nd Delay to be inverse of the other. But that means one will always be on.

Unless your midi controller allows sending multiple midi commands with a single switch press?
I'm sure one midi CC command could turn off one delay and one other on. Just set it to toggle mode and have the scene saved with them in different states to start with?

I'm sure one midi CC command could turn off one delay and one other on. Just set it to toggle mode and have the scene saved with them in different states to start with?
It can... I described how in the post you quoted.

The issue is simple if you want one or the other. If you want both off that's the challenge...

I just tried it on a preset seems to work with just one CC to toggle one off and one on
It can... I described how in the post you quoted.

The issue is simple if you want one or the other. If you want both off that's the challenge...
yes but the OP didn’t need to do that

Back
Top Bottom