Help with 15.06 --> Quantum 3.03

HughJasol

Inspired
My gigging Axe-FX MKII is still on 15.06. I want to convert to Quantum 3.03, but before I can I need to get a few select patches sounding the same as they do under 15.06 using my test MKII (which is running Q 3.03).

One of my patches uses the Friedman BE amp model. I know there are a ton of changes in the amp model between 15.06 and Q3 (lots of new ones in Q3), but can someone give me the top parameters to set/check? I'm having a hard time getting it to sound the same ... under Q3 it seems muddier, and seems to be missing the bite or "harshness" that I have (and like) under 15.06. I did check the CAB block - they are the same (and while there are some new parameters there too, all mutually existing parameters are the same). Thanks!

Attachments

• Barracuda Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
I think it was lots and lots of under the hood programming and not related to any or a few parameters... but perhaps someone that did same kind of leap in FW update can give some hints on best practice

definitely check your Master Volume - a lot was changed around that time. lower values will tighten things up, and then compensate with more Level.

if you upload your current preset, others can look at it and make substantial suggestions without guessing.

Good call ... I have uploaded my patch for Barracuda. Don't get me going on the flanger (that was totally overhauled in FW 17), for now I'm just trying to get the amp block transferred! :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Barracuda Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
Try the V1/V2 Friedmans. Cliff has said their original BE was so dark they thought it might be put together incorrectly (paraphrased).

The V1/V2 models are based off of Mark Day's head, which is a more recent production version.

Try the V1/V2 Friedmans. Cliff has said their original BE was so dark they thought it might be put together incorrectly (paraphrased).

The V1/V2 models are based off of Mark Day's head, which is a more recent production version.

I'll start there ... thanks!

better go to Q4 as you have to do lots of things anyway.
It has option for previous versions of ampmoddling etc as well

Back
Top Bottom