Help [What speaker for an AX8]

Jason freeman

Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger and got the ax8, now I need to ask...what do y'all recommend I play it thru. I am an amp guy and this is my first dive into the digital world. Do I use a traditional cab, computer monitor speakers etc? Thanks in advance.

Where and how are you going to use your AX8.

If you are an amp guy through and through, chances are you will be most happy with a solid state power amp and a traditional cab. Studio monitors would give you more flexibility and options, but then you are always listening to a 'recorded sound' rather than the 'amp in the room'.

Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger and got the ax8, now I need to ask...what do y'all recommend I play it thru. I am an amp guy and this is my first dive into the digital world. Do I use a traditional cab, computer monitor speakers etc? Thanks in advance.

It would be a good idea to check out whether you want to go the power amp with a traditional cab or a full range flat response (FRFR). I personally have grown to love the FRFR set up and like how i can tweak my tones more accurately for the front out house. The atomic CLR is pricey but 100% worth it in my opinion. I know many other user are very happy with it too which is what sold me on it in the first place. Whatever you decide to do I definitely would recommend to not skimp out on what you buy because without good amplification the AX8 isn't showing its full potential. Just my two cents :)

https://atomicamps.com/clr-reference-frfr-monitors/

I am also an AX8 into a CLR user and would not use anything else at this point.
Setup/teardown time about 5 minutes.
CLR behind me as a wedge pointed at my head.
Sounds incredible and always sounds incredible...every time.
Never once has anyone mentioned "amp in the room" vs "recorded sound" to me.
It sounds like a guitar amp on stage...a perfectly focused, dialed in amp at a controlled volume.
Same sound thru the mains.
Dream rig.

Back
Top Bottom