help... using the AXE-FX with single coil & humbucker guitar

Is there a way to save two different global EQ profiles… or something else I could do to compensate for single coil –vs- humbucker guitars?

For example, I programmed all my settings using my tele…

But sometimes I like to play my Les Paul or other Humbucker guitars…. When I do, my presets sound way too bassy/muddy with the humbuckers

I was just curious if you guys had any ideas to easily allow me to switch guitars without having to make a whole new batch of presets specifically for Humbucker guitars.

Thanks,

Anthony

Re: help... using the AXE-FX with single coil & humbucker gu

How about setting up two EQ's and just switching between them?

explain a little further. are you talking about a global EQ?

If you are talking about an EQ on each preset.. how would I easily switch them on the fly at gigs without having to go in & toggle them on/off then re-save the preset.

HillbillySims said:
Is there a way to save two different global EQ profiles… or something else I could do to compensate for single coil –vs- humbucker guitars?

For example, I programmed all my settings using my tele…

But sometimes I like to play my Les Paul or other Humbucker guitars…. When I do, my presets sound way too bassy/muddy with the humbuckers

I was just curious if you guys had any ideas to easily allow me to switch guitars without having to make a whole new batch of presets specifically for Humbucker guitars.

Thanks,

Anthony

Have you tried just turning the input knob down a little when you plug in the LP? That should thin the sound a little. At least it will hit the amp model no harder than tele.

P.S. I though I was the only guy in TN with an Axe ... :)

JWW

I use different sets of presets for Strat and LP guitars. Each set of presets is EQ'ed and tweaked for single-coil or HB pickups.

xrist04 said:
I use different sets of presets for Strat and LP guitars. Each set of presets is EQ'ed and tweaked for single-coil or HB pickups.

This.

HillbillySims said:
explain a little further. are you talking about a global EQ?

If you are talking about an EQ on each preset.. how would I easily switch them on the fly at gigs without having to go in & toggle them on/off then re-save the preset.

I believe LMO is suggesting you set up an EQ block for the Les Paul that can be turned on and off on your controller via an IA. Keep the EQ block off for the Tele. Hit a switch and your all set for the Les Paul.

I try to program patches that sound good with all my guitars by going back and forth, but sometimes it's just a losing battle! And if I program tones that work well with the different pickups I still have major problems with volume jumps, especially on cleaner patches. Separate patches may be the way to go.

MKeditor said:
I believe LMO is suggesting you set up an EQ block for the Les Paul that can be turned on and off on your controller via an IA. Keep the EQ block off for the Tele. Hit a switch and your all set for the Les Paul.
Exactly. Put two EQ blocks in series, with bypass set to through. Turn one on and bypass the other using a controller.

LMO said:
MKeditor said:
Exactly. Put two EQ blocks in series, with bypass set to through. Turn one on and bypass the other using a controller.

I think he can do it with one since the patch with be tweaked to one of the guitars already.

Back
Top Bottom