HELP: Using Randall 4-button midi switch to control looper - is it possible?

caseygree

Howdy,
I've been in Axe 2 headache land trying to get my simpler 4-button Randall midi footswitch (for my Egnater M4 preamp) to control the looper functionality.

Conclusion is that it's not possible - but wanted to verify for sure.
I assumed I could change the CC# of the looper to match what the Randall is sending (0,1,2,3)
Because I can't program what CC# of the Randall switches are sending (or can I?)

Any help or verification would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey
Midi Noob

Have you tried using the learn function?
In the I/O menu, CTRL tab, you can highlight the looper functions and hit enter, the Axe-fx will say "learning" and you tap the button on the foot controller you want it mapped to.
If you have tried that, then the only thing I can think of is finding out if the switch you have has a CC# list you can adjust the Axe to.
Also, how are you connecting the footswitch? To the back of the Axe, or through another midi controller?

thanks man.

When I select looper play and press enter for the 'learn' function, as soon as I press controller switch 1, it takes me to a preset instead of alternate mapping.
Unless, of course, I'm doing that wrong which is totally possible..

attaching directly through the back to midi in

If you have tried that, then the only thing I can think of is finding out if the switch you have has a CC# list you can adjust the Axe to.

Interesting on this: Since the switch controls presets 0, 1, 2, 3, can I assume that the CC# on the switch match the axe for those switches? If so, can I assume I am able to update the Axe to interpret CC#00 (or whatever) as 'Looper Play'? If so, how do I update the Axe to reinterpret CC#00?

thanks man.

When I select looper play and press enter for the 'learn' function, as soon as I press controller switch 1, it takes me to a preset instead of alternate mapping.
Unless, of course, I'm doing that wrong which is totally possible..

attaching directly through the back to midi in

You did this in the I/O menu right? Not the looper block.
Let me know.

That most likely means that the Randall sends PC's not CC's. So you probably won't be able to use it to control the looper.

Yes, in the I/O menu, not the looper block.

PC# might explain it. If that's the case, does that mean there's no programmability? Or can I change one switch to bank up/down?

Back
Top Bottom