Help using 1 exp pedal for wah and volume??

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I know about the multiplexer, but I want wah and post amp volume control(so not before that affects gain). How to do this on FM3? See attached pic of preset. Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 6.10.06 AM.png

Do you mean at the same time/scene?

Assuming different scenes then use channels - when you assign the controller (the volume pedal) you can say one channel or all channels.

Use the one channel option and then in your scenes move the volume and wag block in and out of the channels (to decide which block is controlled by the pedal) as you like.

If you want both controlled at the same time. Just assign the pedal to the two blocks any controller can be multi assigned

I want to, on fly, hit button that chooses between the 2. Not both at once. Channels would not help in this case.

Figured it out on own.

I just assigned them opposite bypass states and it is an either/or scenario. Then reversed Off/On state.

Figured it out on own.

I just assigned them opposite bypass states and it is an either/or scenario. Then reversed Off/On state.
Definitely seems like the simplest solution.

I was going to recommend doing something like setting up a control switch that switched channels on each and setting each effect to scene ignore, then set the modifier for each effect to be specific to a given channel. So basically the switch just toggles the channel on each and that channel dictates whether the pedal affects it or not. I'm actually not really sure how to do this natively on the actual FM3 device, but I've done this with midi switches.

Again, I think your solution is cleaner.

Here is a visual. Also preset. Using a singular ML Sound Marshall IR, that is what I always use. Just place your favorite IR there.

My setup is a Mission expression(single jack), 2 button TRS to Pedal 2 input(toggles the layout from scenes to effects AND now my Wah or Volume choice) and the wonderful FM3.

Attachments

• General Layout.png
    General Layout.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Wah settings on Bypass button.png
    Wah settings on Bypass button.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Volume settings on Bypass button.png
    Volume settings on Bypass button.png
    646.3 KB · Views: 17
  • KITCHEN SINK - FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4