**HELP** - USB audio dropping out when using AXE Fx III as audio interface

Reviving the thread because I am having these issues again. They where fixed and suddenly it just drops, mot even 30 seconds on and it just drops.
This is beyond annoying

I still have this issue. It seems that with the FM9 connected for long periods of time, it just drops out and FM9 Edit is blank. I need to power off the FM9 and reboot for it to all work again.

I still have this issue. It seems that with the FM9 connected for long periods of time, it just drops out and FM9 Edit is blank. I need to power off the FM9 and reboot for it to all work again.

Same thing here, but even when I turn it on and off, the audio drops in 5 seconds

Thanks Honken. I do understand that. and I really hope that this is something that they are working on resolving. to me that bug is one of the worst thing that can happen. I bought the AXE FX MK2 TURBO to use as a live tool and that problem make it useless I can't have a dropout in the middle of a show. and right now, sonically it is such a Wonderfull machine, but sadly and very annoying - it is a very unstable machine!
Wait, so you use the AFX2 as an "audio interface" during live shows? Im fairly new to rack units, but I thought an audio interface was only for recording. I just plan use mine as an amp for noodling at home. Can you explain this to me?

Wait, so you use the AFX2 as an "audio interface" during live shows? Im fairly new to rack units, but I thought an audio interface was only for recording. I just plan use mine as an amp for noodling at home. Can you explain this to me?
Some people use FAS stuff as their audio interface as well. If your needs are basic, you might be served this way. Many of us use it solely for its modeling and fx. Personally, I find modelers in general too limiting to use as an interface.
Some people use interfaces at shows. If you’re running multitracks along with the show, you almost have to have an interface.

Just got a FXlll turbo, only the usb audio drops out, I can still connect to Axe edit, I can even record, its only the output usb audio what stops working, it's not the PC, I can reboot the OS, reinstall the driver or whatever but the only way to solve it is "turn off>turn on" the FX, which means the issue is directly with the unit.

So I will chime in. I was having this issue. Mac mini m1 and axe fx 3. Usb audio would drop out and I’d have to reboot the axe to solve.

I ended up changing to a different port, on a powered thunderbolt dock. It hasn’t dropped out again in months now.

Previously I learned that it had been dropping when my sump pump would kick in (different circuit). It was always power fluctuation related.

I think the axe 3 is VERY SENSITIVE in the voltage it has in the usb from the host. Make that usb voltage rock solid and the axe will be, too. My opinion

So I will chime in. I was having this issue. Mac mini m1 and axe fx 3. Usb audio would drop out and I’d have to reboot the axe to solve.

I ended up changing to a different port, on a powered thunderbolt dock. It hasn’t dropped out again in months now.

Previously I learned that it had been dropping when my sump pump would kick in (different circuit). It was always power fluctuation related.

I think the axe 3 is VERY SENSITIVE in the voltage it has in the usb from the host. Make that usb voltage rock solid and the axe will be, too. My opinion
That's weird, I never had a similar issue, and even my FM3 works just well, I know the FX3 is entirely different than the FM.

I have my PC protected by a ups, but I'll try to find something on the power side,

That's weird, I never had a similar issue, and even my FM3 works just well, I know the FX3 is entirely different than the FM.

I have my PC protected by a ups, but I'll try to find something on the power side,
I think a voltage regulator is the ticket. Today, I hear my sump gurgle (it's super fast) and boom audio gone. UGH. it doesn't happen hardly ever anymore, but once in awhile.

I think a voltage regulator is the ticket. Today, I hear my sump gurgle (it's super fast) and boom audio gone. UGH. it doesn't happen hardly ever anymore, but once in awhile.

I use high-quality power conditioners on each equipment rack to minimize power voltage and quality (noise) fluctuations…in addition we use high quality UPS units (full sign wave type) to power all equipment that includes computers as part of their design (such as our Fractal units) to prevent power bumps (rapid power drop-outs and restarts) which occur here in Florida more often than they should. Ever since we have installed all this power conditioning and backup equipment we have found that we have much more reliable equipment that lasts much longer.

I use high-quality power conditioners on each equipment rack to minimize power voltage and quality (noise) fluctuations…in addition we use high quality UPS units (full sign wave type) to power all equipment that includes computers as part of their design (such as our Fractal units) to prevent power bumps (rapid power drop-outs and restarts) which occur here in Florida more often than they should. Ever since we have installed all this power conditioning and backup equipment we have found that we have much more reliable equipment that lasts much longer.
that's for sure a good practice to take care of your equipment, however I already changed the UPS battery just in case, and the issue persists, I've connected different hardware to my pc and the UPS system, actually I remember back in the day it solved some noise issue on my audio interface, even with the FM3 y can play along a backing track or whatever thing using my pc during hours without issues, unfortunately the FX3 is the only device with that weird problem.

My 3 Turbo has had no problems. High on my wish list was this when I bought it.
\
A 16-core, 500 MHz microcontroller provides 16 channels of flawless USB audio (8 in, 8 out) allowing the Axe-Fx III to be the center of your music workstation. The audiophile-grade signal path components and converters provide better audio performance than most dedicated USB audio interfaces.

My 3 Turbo has had no problems. High on my wish list was this when I bought it.
\
A 16-core, 500 MHz microcontroller provides 16 channels of flawless USB audio (8 in, 8 out) allowing the Axe-Fx III to be the center of your music workstation. The audiophile-grade signal path components and converters provide better audio performance than most dedicated USB audio interfaces.
Also got a 3 turbo, and yes, regarding sound quality it's a dream, but this issue is still annoying to me....

Back
Top Bottom