Help ! Unable to upload firmware after installing Emergency Boot Eprom

mcgyver

Inspired
Hi, I had the power go out on me while I was in the middle of uploading new firmware in my Axe Fx 2.
After, the unit would boot up to all of the front LEDs coming on and a blank LCD. After posting here and contacting Fractal support.
They told me I needed an "emergency Boot eprom" which I received and installed after following the direction. I installed the jumper and powered up the unit.
As per the instructions it boots to the Utility/ Firmware screen and says "Press enter to start update" which I've done and says "awaiting file"
Using the Fractal bot 1.2.5 on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.5. (Which by the way has always worked just fine for prior updates and AXE edit.)
I choose the AXE FX 2 in Fractal Bot I get "connected" for both in and out. I choose " browse" to navigate to the downloaded firmware on my desktop. Which I downlaoded a second time just to be sure it was not corrupt. I get a pop up box "Transmit" i see the firmware I have choosen and hit "send" and I get an error.
"An error has occurred during file transmission. Please ensure the Axe Fx 2 is connected and powered on, then try again." Meanwhile the AXE FX display reads"file transfer in progress" Any help would be greatly appreciated. My MacBook Pro works great, I have switch USB cables. I have even tried a second computer with a old OS 10.6.8.
My AMS midi utility sees the Axe Fx. And so does Fractal bot. Showing it is connected. But the firmware update fails.

From the guide:
NOTE: The backup EPROM only supports firmware loading via MIDI. USB is not supported.

Issue resolved. Thanks to Matt at Fractal for getting back to me so quick and being spot on with a solution.

Fractal Bot currently does not support the "Emergency Boot Eprom" firmware recovery. You must us Midi OX for PC or Sys Ex for Mac to upload your firmware.
I am told future versions of Fractal Bot will support this. FYI- I did use the USB port via Sys Ex and it worked great.

Thank you Fractal for the support. And thanks all for your input.

Back
Top Bottom