HELP! Trying to hook up my axe fx ultra

leftyprs

I just got my axe fx ultra and I am trying to hook it up. I have the axe fx ultra, an art sla1 power amp, a midi ground control pro, and a 2x12 cab. What is the best way to hook this thing up and what cables do I need?

I don't receive my Ultra until Monday, but checked the manual and you will need a sound card that supports SPID/F. You will need a SPID/F cable to connect to the Ultra.

Your best bet is to stay in the digital domain, there will be no quality loss transferring from the AXE to your computer; however, converting back to analogue can degregate the signal.

What part of the hookup has you confused? With such a non-specific question, the only response you've gotten doesn't apply. You should start by checking the manuals for each piece of gear to see what connectors are available. Keep in mind that audio and midi are two separate connections.

Good luck!

I am trying to get the chain components hooked up. Axe to power amp. Axe to midi foot controller. Axe to 2x12 cab

LMO said:
What part of the hookup has you confused? With such a non-specific question, the only response you've gotten doesn't apply. You should start by checking the manuals for each piece of gear to see what connectors are available. Keep in mind that audio and midi are two separate connections.

Good luck!
Trying to figure out what cables I need. I guess 1/4 in cable from axe to power amp. 1/4 in from axe to cab. Then do I just need a 5 pin to my ground control pro, or do I run a 7 pin for phantom power?

From the AxeFx to the power amp you need one XLR cable (you would use two for stereo, but only one is needed since you are going to a single cab). From the power amp to the cab (NOT Axe to cab) you need a speaker cable that will hook to binding posts on one end and to whatever your cab has on the other end (probably a 1/4" TS).

The GCP doesn't use a 7 pin midi cable for phantom power, but it can use a 5 pin. You can either hook the power supply up directly to the GCP and hook midi up using a standard midi cable, or you can look for a 7 pin to 5 pin MIDI cable that is wired correctly to bring phantom power over the cable. I'd suggest just plugging the GCP power supply directly to the GCP.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom