Help to find tremolo arm for Yamaha RGX 420S

J.DavidAX8

Hello fractals! I'm here with the hope that someone can help me to find where to buy tremolo arm that fits in that Yamaha that a friend has given to me. I have done a research trying to find it everywhere in the internet, including the Yamaha site , ebay, thomann and many other music retailers etc but with no luck at all.

I have found the service manual and the part number for the tremolo arm in Yamaha is AAX19410, I have tried to paste that in google but I just found a greek music shop who have it unavailable :(. Probably outdated website.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/539178/Yamaha-Rgx-420s.html?page=2#manual

I'm uploading some pictures where the arm socket can be seen, it looks like the arm goes screwed in.
The guitar surprise me very positively having in account the low price I have seen it have second hand, around 200 euros,dollars
The fretboard is really good for those like me who like jumbo frets and that almost doesn't have fretwear. I use that brand of fret polish "Frine" and the result is great as you can see in the picture. Also it seems to stay in tune fairly.

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• 20191006_162136.jpg
    20191006_162136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20191006_162159.jpg
    20191006_162159.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20191006_162223.jpg
    20191006_162223.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20191006_162334.jpg
    20191006_162334.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Thank you! I gonna keep the hope for a little bit more but it looks like I will end up buying that tremolo and taking the guitar to the luthier. Thanks for the solution!

Being a licensed Floyd, it should be a 6mm screw in arm. Maybe a place to start? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tremolo-Ar...268859&hash=item5b53aa01b9:g:-rkAAOSwHxVW7GNI
I'm not sure I agree...

Ibanez Edge trems are Floyd Rose licensed and they have a push in arm.

Schaller and other FR bridges use the screw cap like I posted above.

I have personally never encountered an FR bridge with a screw in arm.

Doesn't mean you're wrong in this case, but I wouldn't assume...

I'm not sure I agree...

Ibanez Edge trems are Floyd Rose licensed and they have a push in arm.

Schaller and other FR bridges use the screw cap like I posted above.

I have personally never encountered an FR bridge with a screw in arm.

Doesn't mean you're wrong in this case, but I wouldn't assume...
I'm not assuming, I have personally encountered licensed Floyd Rose trems with a screw in arm which is why I responded.

That one looks very good, shame I would cost me expensive to ship it into the UK. Also Im not sure if the Yamaha is 5 or 6mm but definitely is screw in as that one.
From what I've seen, 5mm arms are typically used in "lower" level traditional trems (Ibanez, Squier etc...). The link was just a starting point to research the best option for you, couldn't see where you are located. Good luck finding a suitable replacement.

Back
Top Bottom