Help - SPDIF Connection Doesn't Work [Scarlett related?]

Winterjp123

Hi - I'm new to the AX8 and am currently trying to hook up via SPDIF through my Scarlett 6i6. I'm assuming there is an output menu I have to go into in order to switch the SPDIF on? I should have everything hooked up correctly as I basically just unhooked the SPDIF cable off the back of my Kemper which was working and plugged it into my AX8, but no sound. I have to be making this way harder than it needs to be, can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

Jason

AFAIK you have to manually set the Scarlett's clock via Focusrite Control to 'External' and 48 KHz which is AX8's fixed sample rate. On a side note, I have the 18i20 and to this day I'm unable to make it work, go figure... LOL

AFAIK you have to manually set the Scarlett's clock via Focusrite Control to 'External' and 48 KHz which is AX8's fixed sample rate. On a side note, I have the 18i20 and to this day I'm unable to make it work, go figure... LOL
Thanks for the reply - I made sure the sample rate was set at 48 - not sure how to set the clock to External though. It would seem that you would have to select a different output channel inside the AX8. The Kemper has a specific "SPDIF" output that you select. Is that not the case here?

Same here. Can't get spdif to work with my 18i20. Works fine with the Axefx II, but not AX8 for some reason.

Is anyone able to answer if there is a certain output path that needs to be selected in the AX8 Global menu in order to activate the SPDIF?

i'm going to edit your title to make it more enticing for people to look at.

a descriptive title goes a long way.

Thanks for the reply - I made sure the sample rate was set at 48 - not sure how to set the clock to External though. It would seem that you would have to select a different output channel inside the AX8. The Kemper has a specific "SPDIF" output that you select. Is that not the case here?

Focusrite Control > Device Settings > Clock Source > S/PDIF

Tell us if you have luck. ;)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-06-12 a la(s) 20.38.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-12 a la(s) 20.38.20.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom