Help! Settings to record Axe FX via USB and a vocal through the DUET in Logic!

DFauvre

Inspired
I have Logic X. It asks for an input/output device. I set that as the Duet. I will be brining in a mono lead vocal from a mic pre. I also want to simultaneously record stereo guitar from the Axe FX through the USB connection. Can this be done? If no, how do I use the USB and record other audio tracks into Logic at the same time? Need help ASAP, in the middle of a session.:nightmare:

Thanks...and what's an aggregated device? I am not understanding how I set this up in Logic. Can someone help or point me to the right resource? I assume the DUET is the input/output device for Logic. so how do I have Logic see the USB stereo guitar input?

what is an 'aggregate device'? Is this something in Logic? Or are you talking about external hardware? If in Logic, is there a video that shows in Logic X how to create this?

what is an 'aggregate device'? Is this something in Logic? Or are you talking about external hardware? If in Logic, is there a video that shows in Logic X how to create this?

Did you click the link just above your post that explains what an aggregate device is and gives step by step instructions on how to create one? BTW, it's done in OS X under Audio/MIDI Setup.

The term "aggregate" simply means "adding" or the "sum". An aggregate device is actually two devices working together as one. Read the link above.

ok. I figured out how to create an 'aggregate device' in 10.8. Now, what do I set the output as? the Duet? And leave the Axe-Fx unchecked? This is under configure speakers. Also, I don't need a clock, but it's defaulting to the Axe Fx as the clock, is that ok? and 48Hz...

Back
Top Bottom