Help Programming Expression Pedal to do Volume/Wah

PianoMan

I'm trying to get my expression pedal (Mission pedal with toe switch) running through my LF Jr. to function as a volume normally, and switch to the wah when I hit the toe switch. I've followed Voes tutorial (Liquid-Foot Jr. - EXPERT: Toe-switch) to the best of my ability, but it still isn't working quite right. Currently the expression pedal works as a volume pedal as desired at first, and when I hit the toe switch, it engages the wah, but it only hits the highest frequency of the wah effect at the top of the expression pedal sweep, and the low part of the sweep it switches so that the wah is off.

A few side details that might matter:
- For volume duties, the expression pedal is using CC10 - the global input volume - rather then using a dedicated volume block.
- The toe switch engages CC97 - Wah1 according to the I/O menu on the Axe-Fx.

Anyone know how I can get this working? Thanks!

Have you turned off auto-engage in the wah block? When using a pedal without an on/off switch the wah can be set to engage (or turn off) at 5% (or 95%) of the pedal's throw.

Got it! I was assigning the wah on/off CC to the expression pedal sweep rather then setting the expression pedal sweep to the frequency as I was supposed to. Once I did that and set the auto-engage, everything worked perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom