HELP, PLEASE!

dank

Inspired
Hello, all:

My FX II has been my main gigging rig since I bought it. That was when Firmware 6 was status quo. Over time, I have purchased quite a number of IRs, most from Ownhammer. The fact is, I have little time to go through hundreds of IRs when the difference can be so subtle. I feel confident in saying that the dozens of people on the dance floor could less what IR I'm using.

My band was formed with Classic rock in mind, but we morphed into a dance band based on the public's wants. Please assume that my amps of choice are the Fender Twin, Fender Deluxe, Fender Super Reverb, a Vox AC 30, an early 70s Marshall with a 4x12 and maybe a 60s Marshall, also with a 4x12.

I don't care about the difference between a '64 Celestion and a '68 Celestion. That's splitting hairs. Could you advise me where I can find a a typical IR for each of these amps?

Thank you.

Please assume that my amps of choice are the Fender Twin, Fender Deluxe, Fender Super Reverb, a Vox AC 30, an early 70s Marshall with a 4x12 and maybe a 60s Marshall, also with a 4x12.

Have you seen this? http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Amp:_all_models -- it suggests IR pairings for each amp model. It uses the factory IRs in all cases. It's a bit of out date, but still a nice reference.

For most of the amp models in your list there's an exact match in the factory IR bank.

• Fender Twin (Double Verb SF model): 2x12 Double Amp KSM313, 2x12 Double Verb R121, 2x12 Double Verb Mix, 2x12 Double Verb M160, 2x12 Tweed Double 57 A
  • Fender Deluxe (Deluxe Tweed model): 1x12 Tweed Deluxe (RW), 1x12 Deluxe Verb Mix, 1x12 Deluxe Tweed Mix
  • Fender Super Reverb (Super Verb Nrm and Vib models): 2x12 Brown Super M160, 2x12 Super Tweed Mix, 4x10 Super Verb Mix
  • Vox AC-30 (Class-A 30W TB model): 2x12 Class-A Blues Mix, 2x12 Top Boost Blue (RW), 2x12 Class-A 30W Blue Mix
I'm sure you get the picture. For the Marshalls there's more variety. But I tend to favour the 4x12 TV Mix #1 and 4x12 TV Mix #2 from the factory IR bank.

The fact is, I have little time to go through hundreds of IRs when the difference can be so subtle. I feel confident in saying that the dozens of people on the dance floor could less what IR I'm using.
i'd just pick any one and roll with it then. honestly. and i've done that in the past myself.

Hello, all:

My FX II has been my main gigging rig since I bought it. That was when Firmware 6 was status quo. Over time, I have purchased quite a number of IRs, most from Ownhammer. The fact is, I have little time to go through hundreds of IRs when the difference can be so subtle. I feel confident in saying that the dozens of people on the dance floor could less what IR I'm using.

My band was formed with Classic rock in mind, but we morphed into a dance band based on the public's wants. Please assume that my amps of choice are the Fender Twin, Fender Deluxe, Fender Super Reverb, a Vox AC 30, an early 70s Marshall with a 4x12 and maybe a 60s Marshall, also with a 4x12.

I don't care about the difference between a '64 Celestion and a '68 Celestion. That's splitting hairs. Could you advise me where I can find a a typical IR for each of these amps?

Thank you.

Which OH libraries do you have? I find that using OH1-05 (or 57-05) is a great place to start in any OH library. Tweak your amp controls to that IR and you should be in great shape. After tweaking, if you want your IR a little brighter, decrease the position number, and if you want it a little darker, increase the position number. 9 times out of 10, I end up using an OH1-05 file.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom