Help please - Cant hear my AxeFXII through my monitors with audio Interface

JohnRaptor

Inspired
I am having a bit of difficulty getting my Axe to work with my new Audio interface and I was hoping someone could help me.

I have a FocusRite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface. I hooked my monitors into the interface and hooked my AxeFX into the computer through USB. The interface works great through everything but the AX. I can see my signal when I play guitar on the Ax LEDS but I dont hear anything coming out of my monitors. When I play through Ax edit same thing, I see a signal but I dont hear anything. I tried hooking some cables from the Ax directly into the interface as well but I still dont hear anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can hear my signal from my monitors? Is there something I should be configuring in my AxeFx?

Thanks so much for any help.

I have my axe ,usb to computer ,Left and right out of axe to powered monitors.I use head phone into axe to monitor.Your set up I think you need to run out of axe to focusrite ,out of that to monitors and use headphone jack on that?

Windows or Mac?

You should be able to hook up the II with output one going to your analog inputs or digitally thru spdif. If digitally then you need set the II as the master and the Scarlett at 48k.

You should have some kind of mixer app that comes with it as well that lets you route your hardware inputs to your headphones jack or to the monitors on the Scarlett. If on Windows you need to click the little speaker on your taskbar and choose the Scarlet as the playback device. You have a lot of options and it can become confusing!

Thanks Cobbler! Your suggestions worked. By the way I am on a Imac.

One thing I still havent figured out yet is how to select the headphones so I can mute the monitors and monitor with headphones as well. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out.

Thanks to you as well Edge. I appreciate all of your help.

Back
Top Bottom