HELP! - Patch and cab wont put out any sound other than split second! Whats wrong?

JohnRaptor

Inspired
Hi. I just got my Ultra last week and its incredible but I haven't scratched the surface of the ins and outs yet so I'm learning as I go so forgive me if my question is a bit basic but I cannot find an answer to my problem Im experiencing.

My question pertains to this youtube posting. The patches are there as well - YouTube - Axe Fx Engl Powerball - Metal (download preset)

I downloaded this awesome metal patch from youtube and the patch included two user cabs as well. I can load the patch up fine in axe-edit but when it loads I hear a split second of the patch and then nothing. I cant get any sound to play at all. Now In the youtube post there are also two 'CAB' patches that accompany the patch. I assume they need to somehow be loaded? I found out that the cab setting is at 'USER 4' on the patch and if I change it to one of the ultra's cabs I can hear the patch but it's not how the patch was created or meant to sound and I want those user cabs to work. Are these cabs 'IMPULSE REPSONSES'? I've read a little about them but not enough yet to understand what they are.

- How can I load those cab files so the patch will work? And why is there 2 cab files for the 1 patch. How am I suppose to load two cabs on the one patch?

ANy help is greatly appreciated here.

Thanks so much!

To Have the same tone you need to know the exact IR he's using,some you can get free on the net ,most you buy. I bought the big box from redwire.I mostly use the axe's cabs.So many variables with the IR's. Try a v30 cab with 121 mic and german cab no mike sounds good to me

Thanks for the info. So I need his impulse response in addition to the two cab files? That seems kind of pointless to post those patches without the IR isnt it? Thanks for that info on the Redwire big box. I wasnt aware of that and now I'm going to investigate all I can. Im in tone heaven ever since getting my Ultra. I am running direct into my Mac but Im about to order an Atomic wedge to really bring down the house!

Thanks for the info. So I need his impulse response in addition to the two cab files? That seems kind of pointless to post those patches without the IR isnt it? Thanks for that info on the Redwire big box. I wasnt aware of that and now I'm going to investigate all I can. Im in tone heaven ever since getting my Ultra. I am running direct into my Mac but Im about to order an Atomic wedge to really bring down the house!

In the Youtube video he also posted the IRs.

Back
Top Bottom