[Help] Output Volume Very Low

ZackThi

Hey guys,

I've currently ran into a situation where my output levels are extremely low coming out of my axe fx 2 (Output 1 is extremely low and output won't play my patach at all, only the clean signal). I've done all of the troubleshooting I can to figure it out and have come up short of finding an answer. He's a little bit of additional information. I've made sure it wasn't just a paticular patch that had a messed up output level, I've check the I/o and global settings to make sure they were right and then factory reset the firmware to ares. I still don't know what's going on at this point. All of my cables are brand new and I doubled checked them with my little mesa combo i have. I did leave my axe fx on for a day accidentally but, I don't see how this would have any affect on the unit. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1. What do mean by "only the clean signal"? What exactly are you doing to test this?
  2. Are you getting anything out of the headphone jack?
  3. Have you checked the internal output VU meters for signal in the preset?
  4. Do you have any expression pedal(s) that are disconnected?
  5. What is your Axe-Fx plugged in to?

1. What do mean by "only the clean signal"? What exactly are you doing to test this?
  2. Are you getting anything out of the headphone jack?
  3. Have you checked the internal output VU meters for signal in the preset?
  4. Do you have any expression pedal(s) that are disconnected?
  5. What is your Axe-Fx plugged in to?

1. I was switching between my outputs and in Out1 I was getting my patch but Out2 was just outputing a clean signal. I switched my Out2 in the I/O to echo and now it works as I wanted.
2. Yes headphone jack works just fine.
3. I'm not entirely sure how to go about this step, I will look into it.
4. I had my MFC connected but no longer have it connected at the moment. It's currently at my gig space.
5. My axe fx was plugged into my focusrite scarlette 18i20 and it was showing barely any output levels. But, after some tweaking (moving cables around resetting everything) i can get the levels to red line now so, that's good (obviously i backed them down afterward). I then tried to plug it into my Behringer NX3000 power amp and I think this is the culprit to my issue of low levels. I set my output level on the axe to max and my behringer output to max and the meter only moves up one. I've tried every combo I can to get a good level out of it to no avail. Something tells me my behringer is fried.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've contacted Behringers customer support, I think after all my tweaking, my axe is fine and the behringer has crapped out.

Back
Top Bottom