Help: Output 1 Control only going from 34% to 91% volume

imrecs

Inspired
I'm not sure when this started happening (firmware update?) but the output 1 control on my Axe FX XL only goes from 34% to 91% (not 0 to 100 like output 2)...i noticed this when listening to the headphone out and realizing that i couldn't get much of an output volume sweep...I've tried reseting all the factory parameters, reinstalling the firmware, and nothing is changing...any ideas how to fix this? Is there some bigger factory reset I can do?

how are you determining 34 and 91? the VU meter page? are you saying that if you turn the Out 1 knob on the front panel from fully counter clockwise to fully clockwise, the only values you get are 34 and 91? no smooth transition? does it suddenly jump at some point?

yes the VU page. output 2 shows the full range...output 1 shows limited

the sweep seems very small to be honest on the range from fully counter clockwise to clockwise of output vol knob #1,....the transition is smooth, but seems like it's a much smaller range than what I usually find with that knob..

yes the VU page. output 2 shows the full range...output 1 shows limited

the sweep seems very small to be honest on the range from fully counter clockwise to clockwise of output vol knob #1,....the transition is smooth, but seems like it's a much smaller range than what I usually find with that knob..
But the numbers, what values display as you increase the knob?

The sweep is smooth and is just like the output 2 knob, except it only reads/sounds from 34-97 (not 91 my bad).

Chris, or anyone at Fractal, can you provide some insight into how to remedy this?
To me it does seem like a hardware problem. I'm sure someone with more hardware knowledge will answer your ticket (support is typically "closed" on the weekends). Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom