Help - New to AX8 - FX Loop

hmm, for basics of connection, not really. placement affects what gets sent to the pedal - after the amp and cab, the pedal adds the effect to the amp and cab sound, etc.

not sure what "input 1 or input 2 (grid row)" means. all rows in the Layout are connected to Input 1 - the huge INPUT block on the far left.

the FX Loop block IS Input 2.

Thanks Chris! I really appreciate the time you and the other guys in this thread have spent on this issue!!! I'll report back tomorrow night after doing some more investigation. Thanks again!

Dont know if this would help but take a look at this video.

FWIW I have been trying to get the strymon Lex to sound good through the fxloop in ax8. The rotary in ax8 is ok but not
as good imho.

FWIW I have been trying to get the strymon Lex to sound good through the fxloop in ax8. The rotary in ax8 is ok but not
as good imho.

Thanks for the video! I definitely picked up some knowledge from that.

I was able get the RV-6 usable last night. But still not quite there. My question below may be the final step. Anyone that would like to jump in with an answer would be appreciated.

Q - do I need TRS to Mono jacks? I noticed on the back of the AX8 the "returns" are balanced.

Those TRS to mono cables are specially designed humbuster cables, not just any old TRS to mono cable. ;) It should work fine without them, but you may have a ground loop if you run the RV-6 off of an adapter. Humbuster cables are designed to reduce the hum from ground loops.

So normal mono cables are fine. Thanks!

BTW - no hums at this point. Using the CS7 Truetone power supply and it's keeping things quiet for now.

as good imho.

I tried the Strymon Lex in my AXEFXII fx loop and it seems easy to overload the input, I ended up dropping the send level a lot and then boosting the fx loop return level at the block output 20 dB, which seemed to work ok

I tried the Strymon Lex in my AXEFXII fx loop and it seems easy to overload the input, I ended up dropping the send level a lot and then boosting the fx loop return level at the block output 20 dB, which seemed to work ok

I'm going to look into that for my RV6 as well. Thanks

Bingo. Efx with overloaded inputs can do strange things. That's what I was trying to say.

Thank you for the info! In the AX8 to decrease send lvl I am assuming you mean turn down out2 knob on front panel?

Thank you for the info! In the AX8 to decrease send lvl I am assuming you mean turn down out2 knob on front panel?

Yes, on my AXEFXII I had output 2 dial at about 9 oclock, and have the FX Loop Block Mixer level at +18db (Bypass Mode is Thru). I plugged a patch cable from Output2 to Input 2 and checked the bypassed level was the same as the engaged 'fx loop through a cable' level.

Back
Top Bottom