Help! New 7 string tone & Drum mix?

MaxTaylorGrant

Inspired
Decided I'd get some tasty Axe-tion going on with my trusty Ibanez 7 string and this was the result:

All of the drums were played (sloppily) by me using my Roland TD-6 into Superior Drummer's Metal Foundry. I'm no drummer so let's not judge my sticksmanship too harshly please gents. Rhythm guitars were my Uberschall patch using the bridge pickup in my 7, a lundgren M7. The octave guitars and layers in the second half were using a Das Metall patch I quickly threw together.

Bass was processed through Fremen's Bass Dual 1 and 2 patches and blended, that man is a tone genius and I cannot thank him enough for making his presets available as they are golden!

All comments / criticisms are well appreciated and any questions will be answered to the best of my ability should there be any!

Cheers guys,

Max

the octave guitars sound great but the rhythm tone lacks presence imo. Its kind of 'woofy' in the low end.

not to say it sounds bad in any manner but a bit more presence in the rhythm tracks might brighten it up a bit

the octave guitars sound great but the rhythm tone lacks presence imo. Its kind of 'woofy' in the low end.

not to say it sounds bad in any manner but a bit more presence in the rhythm tracks might brighten it up a bit

Yeah, I found that changing the kick drum to one with a little less "weight" actually cleared things up a whole lot! Also, I'd forgotten to re-engage my filter block so back to the drawing board it is haha D'oh!

Back
Top Bottom