Help needed with Input settings (pedalboard)

Gearhead

Inspired
I need your expertise. I run my pedalboard into Output3/Input 3 and (I think) since updating to Cygnus Beta I have trouble with overloading - distorted the Input signal. Dialing down the Input to -15dB doesn't alter anything. So, I guess I'm doing something wrong - the signal from the pedalboard is way too low, so I need to crank it up a little.
Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

Are you running mono from your pedalboard into the Axe III?

If so, have you tried running into the input on the front?

I run my pedalboard in stereo into the front input and Input 2L on the rear. The other thing you might be hearing is that Cygnus has quite a bit more gain in the power section of most amps, so you may need to back the master volume in the amp block off by 2-3 (for example, from 10 down to 7).

Are you running mono from your pedalboard into the Axe III?

If so, have you tried running into the input on the front?

I run my pedalboard in stereo into the front input and Input 2L on the rear. The other thing you might be hearing is that Cygnus has quite a bit more gain in the power section of most amps, so you may need to back the master volume in the amp block off by 2-3 (for example, from 10 down to 7).
Hi Boyce, thanks for the reply. Power section is probably a good idea. I'm running the pedalboard in stereo into the Axe. I'll try turning back the master volume.. Thanks again!

Yeah, I use the DC30 EF86 almost exclusively and was able to back the master down from 10 to 7 to get the same break up. The nice thing is there's more headroom at that setting, while retaining the same breakup as before.

Back
Top Bottom