Help needed, ir will not drag into user slots

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
i just bought cab pack 20 and trying to drag ir's into the user slots and nothing happens. When I try it highlights the slots but when I release the mouse button nothing happens. I was able to drag a single user cab from a different source but it was marked specifically for the AX8 which I suspect is part of my problem. I'm obviously missing something. I'm not on the latest firmware as I was waiting for Q4 to drop. Any help would be much appreciated. Windows ten, AX8. Is this a firmware issue?

Make sure you are dragging the .syx files and not the .ir files. .ir files are for mixing in CabLab and must be converted to .syx for the Axe II and AX8 to recognize.

I was definitely grabbing the syx files, I guess I will update the firmware but if anyone else has any thoughts let me know

Hmmm, maybe that's it. I was just in the cab block setting where you choose the ir. It appears to be the same screen but my assumption might not be correct. I'll hopefully be back to my rig in about an hour and give that a shot. Thanks for the info Jeff!

Well I've still got a problem. I was able to drag the first couple groups of cabs into the cab manager, then it stopped working. I seem to remember having this problem before but it's been a while. I tried restarting the computer and ax8, nothing seems to work now. I'm using a surface pro 4. Any known issues with this?

I can only move 1 cab at a time? Interested to learn how the full pack can be moved in one go.
You can move a bunch of cabs at once using Axe-Manage's Browser window. You can also use Axe-Manage to audition cabs without ever loading them into the AX8's user slots.

Okay I figured it out. It turns out when dragging a large selection of files at once, the mouse pointer location is offset from the visual location somehow. I'm guessing it's a bug in win ten and hi resolution screens. Over all the display is very buggy with several applications. Anyway the computer was interpreting that I was trying to drop the files somewhere other than where it was shown. Moving the mouse around a bunch and it started working. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Back
Top Bottom