Help me with the Plexi amp models please

I keep hearing great clips with the Plexi models but I can't seem to find what works for me. I upgraded to 9.00 last night so maybe that will change. But anyway, I'm using a telecaster and Tyler SE which is HSS.

My main question is which (stock) cabinet models are you using with the Plexi's? Tonestack settings? Or anything else you'd like to share, I'm all ears!

cardinal of crunk said:
I keep hearing great clips with the Plexi models but I can't seem to find what works for me. I upgraded to 9.00 last night so maybe that will change. But anyway, I'm using a telecaster and Tyler SE which is HSS.

My main question is which (stock) cabinet models are you using with the Plexi's? Tonestack settings? Or anything else you'd like to share, I'm all ears!
You mentioned... "I upgraded to 9.00 last night so maybe that will change"... does that mean that you upgraded but didn't try it out yet? Make sure to hold the bypass (or sometimes double click works, still not sure what the official one is...) to reset the amp block, then make your way back to the Plexi and see how it sounds.

When you say, make your way back to the plexi, does that mean that when you reset the amp, you have to put it back in? When you hold the bypass button, does it only reset the block that you are editing?

mitch236 said:
When you say, make your way back to the plexi, does that mean that when you reset the amp, you have to put it back in? When you hold the bypass button, does it only reset the block that you are editing?

Yes he does. You do the 'click bypass 2 or 3 times fast thing' after you select 'type' in the amp block and it resets back to 'tube pre' with all the defaults back in again. Just choose "Plexi" or "Plexi2" and have at from there. Hint: Lots of master. Turn up sag. Have fun.

Hi Scott

Just tried the reset amp block thing, It doesn't seem to work, Select amp block , edit, select Type, then press bypass button a few times - nothing happened? also tried holding bypass down, didn't do owt?? other than bypass the block (so I know the button is ok)

Am I doing it wrong?

Up until I did the update last night, if I held the bypass button, it would send the amp block back to tube pre and all default settings. After I did the update, it seems to bypass ALL processing completely :?: . Is this a bug?

SparkyG said:
Hi Scott

Just tried the reset amp block thing, It doesn't seem to work, Select amp block , edit, select Type, then press bypass button a few times - nothing happened? also tried holding bypass down, didn't do owt?? other than bypass the block (so I know the button is ok)

Am I doing it wrong?

You need to press the button labeled "bypass," not "eff. bypass."

InsideOut said:
Up until I did the update last night, if I held the bypass button, it would send the amp block back to tube pre and all default settings. After I did the update, it seems to bypass ALL processing completely :?: . Is this a bug?

Are you sure you didn't leave bypass on? It happens a lot if you do the "held bypass to reset".

AlbertA said:
InsideOut said:

Are you sure you didn't leave bypass on? It happens a lot if you do the "held bypass to reset".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've joined the dumbass club too :roll:

It never did that to me before, but hey, at least it's an easy solution. Thanks Bert :cool:

Scott Peterson said:
Yes he does. You do the 'click bypass 2 or 3 times fast thing' after you select 'type' in the amp block and it resets back to 'tube pre' with all the defaults back in again. Just choose "Plexi" or "Plexi2" and have at from there. Hint: Lots of master. Turn up sag. Have fun.
Holding down bypass does set back ALL parameters to default. You could also select a different amp type and go back to your previous amp and it only resets all advanced parameters to their defaults, but keeps all other settings like bass, teble etc.

Back
Top Bottom