Help me with an Axe II preset for AX8

Hey Gents.
Can anyone with an Ace Fx II do me a solid and recreate a patch that I can use with AX8?
The patch I need is #378 "Space Verb."
I did a bunch of recording with that preset and it's not on the Ax8.
Thanks so much!

here's what i could come up with.

since there's only 1 MultiDelay in the AX8 and the Axe preset uses 2, i use a 2nd delay block to delay the sound of the single MultiDelay a bit.

they are similar, but there's a quality to the Axe version that i can't match just right, something about high frequencies that i feel are missing on the AX8 version. and it's not that missing 2nd MultiDelay block. it may have to do with Quantum 2.00 vs FW 1.01 on the AX8.

hopefully this is a good starting point for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8ydhcctopi32ra/Space Verb AX8.syx?dl=0

Thanks for the help Chris. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I appreciate you giving it a shake. I didn't realize that each effect only had one block available. I knew you couldn't do two amps, but didn't know that was true of affects as well.

Thanks for the help Chris. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I appreciate you giving it a shake. I didn't realize that each effect only had one block available. I knew you couldn't do two amps, but didn't know that was true of affects as well.

Page 29 in your manual will detail the block "inventory" including the number of effect instances available per preset. You can do 2 drives, 2 delays, and 2 filters, for example.

here's what i could come up with.

since there's only 1 MultiDelay in the AX8 and the Axe preset uses 2, i use a 2nd delay block to delay the sound of the single MultiDelay a bit.

they are similar, but there's a quality to the Axe version that i can't match just right, something about high frequencies that i feel are missing on the AX8 version. and it's not that missing 2nd MultiDelay block. it may have to do with Quantum 2.00 vs FW 1.01 on the AX8.

hopefully this is a good starting point for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8ydhcctopi32ra/Space Verb AX8.syx?dl=0
This patch is beautiful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom