Help me understand what I'm doing wrong...

Jdn

Hi everyone,
I have an Ultra with two expression pedals, one for volume and one for wah. I can't really come to terms with the auto-engage function for the wah (if you're not sensitive with your foot, you'll turn off/on the wah which in turns creates an annoying pop in all patches), so I'd like to have it the way you would with a normal, analog wah - a switch to turn it on/off. So, I gutted an old Crybaby and installed a Mission Kit A (same as their SP1 pedal). How do I tell my Ultra to engage the wah with the switch and control the sweep with the pedal? As far as I've come I can turn it on with the switch, but how do I control the sweep? In the menu there's only room for one controller...

Hi again,
I've read it all through and it seems it's applicable if you have a MFC101 which I don't. Is it possible to go through Pedal 1 and 2 at the back of the Ultra in some way? The midi pedal I use is a Roland GFC 50 which has two expression pedal inputs plus two control switches.

The way I have it now is that the volume pedal and the wah (Boss FV500H) are connected via these expr. inputs and I'd like to swap the Boss pedal wah for a Mission-modded Crybaby with a switch. Ultimately (seems a bit far away... :)) I'd like to have a setup with three pedals: volume, wah and a third one for various stuff like gain, tremolo, delay, etc., but the primary thing is to make the wah work OK. Any suggestions?

Do you have the switch & pedal ouputs both connected to the Ultra?

The pedal part of the setup doesn't change--it needs to be an External that you assign to the wah control knob, except you wouldn't enable auto-engage for that modifier.

The switch can either be set as Wah 1 Bypass (normally always bypassing wah 1 if present) or as an External that you assign per preset to do one or more things (which can include bypassing wah). You can set it as both if you want, to normally switch wah but also be available as an external for additional things in some presets.

I've tried both via the GFC50 and directly into Pedal !/2 at the back of the Ultra. Getting it to switch is not a problem, nor is it to make it do the sweep; what I don't get is how to make it do both. If I assign External 2 to the switch (External 1 is my volume pedal) I assume I should assign External 3 to the pedal/sweep, but how do I do that since there's only room for one controller in the wah block? Arrrgghhh....frustration... :)
J

Press enter on the wah's Byp. Mode control, select External 2 as source. Or for the alternate method, at the I/O: CTRL page set Wah 1 Bypass to the switch.

It's alive! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Bakerman. My mistake was that I never bothered to look at the mix page of the wah block... Peace, love and (mis?)understanding.
J

Back
Top Bottom