Help me out with "Mark" amp settings

Rich G. said:
[quote="james...":21uugr9d]Well gang I'm happy to report that after some tweaking, the Mark IV is my new high gain lead sound.

I pretty much did what you all said. There were a few very minor tweaks but overall it's your standard Mark IV + V shape EQ deal. I love it. Very thick and full yet it cuts through, and not too harsh.

Clips and settings please! :)[/quote:21uugr9d]

+1 :p

One additional thing you can try if you are going full-range and using speaker simulators: try the "1x12 studio" speaker sim. It's a 1x12 mesa cab allegedly. Used with a mark IV type lead sound it gives you a huge mid-hump that's much like early Frank Gambale...... :shock:

Rich G. said:
[quote="james...":1f60xmlb]Well gang I'm happy to report that after some tweaking, the Mark IV is my new high gain lead sound.

I pretty much did what you all said. There were a few very minor tweaks but overall it's your standard Mark IV + V shape EQ deal. I love it. Very thick and full yet it cuts through, and not too harsh.

Clips and settings please! :)[/quote:1f60xmlb]
I just reformatted so clips probably won't be possible for a while, plus I play through a real cab so my exact settings might not sound too good through your rig.

But I can run through the basic settings to give you an idea real quick.

-Bass basically nothing. Like 1.5
-Mids up at 6 or so
-treble pretty high. I keep it a little relaxed at 7 or so but you might like it higher
-Master pretty low. Like 4.
-Drive to taste. 6-8 is where I like it.
-I take the bias up to about .525
-My PEQ settings are a little weird. I have a pretty subtle mid scoop with the bass and treble humped up a fair amount. However, I cut the treble boost after about 4k.
-Use the low cut and warmth to taste. The thump can do a lot of good stuff too.

I really love it for leads. Kinda sounds like a modern marshall or something. The only think you have to be careful of is the "buzzsaw treble" getting too out of hand. But I just use the hi-cut to deal with that.

Back
Top Bottom