Help me choose between two guitars

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I'm buying a Suhr remotely, without being able to play it first. The wonderful folks at Suhr helped out by sending me videos showing the response across the fretboard, and I narrowed it down to two guitars that have pretty much equivalent tonal qualities (as far as can be judged by video, of course).

Assuming similar tone and mojo, out of these two guitars, which would you choose and why? This is strictly an esthetics question (top and fretboard visual appearance), though some of you experts out there may point out other qualities on one or the other that I had not yet considered. Thanks in advance for all input!

Suhr_black.jpg

Suhr_red.jpg

I much prefer the black. Not sure why but red guitars always kind of looked like toys to me, even though that guitar is not at all a "toy". Funk is right though, black always sounds better anyway ;)

I'm going to say the burgundy one.

Either way you can not go wrong with a Suhr. Got an S-4 sitting in my lap as I type this, along with a Suhr Classic sitting in the guitar rack. These guitars are simply flawless and a joy to play!

I really like the figuring on the fretboard of the red one, and I don't like the natural headstock paired with the black guitar. I'd go with the red one...for looks, anyway.

Edit: The black one is growing on me, dammit. Hard choice.

The black one, no doubt.
Both looks nice, but black is the new black - always cool and always easy to sell again if you decide to down the road

Fabio KTG is right, the Black will show smudges, but I like the Black... I prefer black hardware on a natural headstock, seems to add o nice contrast... take the Black...

Black; even though a black guitar can take on an aged appearance sooner. That burgundy color reminds me of liver... bleh!!!

both nice guitars, i like the burgandy however becuase the non figured headstock and fretboard id choose the black, however if they are building from scratch, id get a figured head stock, darker fretboard and no dots

Back
Top Bottom