Help me choose a MIDI controller

peerhan

Hello there,

I received my first Axe FX unit this past Friday... it's incredible. It's got me excited about playing guitar again. I'm anxious to start gigging out with it, but that leaves me with a dilemma — what MIDI controller to use?

First before we get to that question could someone explain to me what necessities a foot controller might need to work with the Axe FX? I've looked at The Line6 FBV express, but it seems that Line6 is using some kind of proprietary MIDI language. This isn't the case with most controllers is it? The Axe FX doesn't require a Fractal standard does it?

I'm looking for something that's going to work, not necessarily something that is glamorous — something I can change patches and use tap tempo with.

Any feedback to my commentary?
I appreciate anything I may get.

-Peerhan

ground control pro works nicely, is affordable and is easy to program.

mfc 101 would be better and is more plug and play but it is way more expensive.

Hello there,

First before we get to that question could someone explain to me what necessities a foot controller might need to work with the Axe FX?
If you want to change presets with it, it needs to be able to send MIDI Program Change messages. If you want to be able to do tap tempo or turn individual effects on and off with it, it needs to be able to send MIDI Control Change messages. If you want to be able to adjust things like volume and wah sweep with it, it needs to have (or be able to use) at least one expression pedal.

peerhan;475289I said:
've looked at The Line6 FBV express, but it seems that Line6 is using some kind of proprietary MIDI language. This isn't the case with most controllers is it?
Nope.

The Axe FX doesn't require a Fractal standard does it?
Nope again.

Back
Top Bottom